Need To Spruce Up My Dinner and Lunch Meals

Options
Okay, so I need to start sprucing up my meals... I seem to eat the same stuff over and over, week after week, and I'm getting pretty bored with it. I need some ideas for dinners and lunches (dinners being about 500 cals or less / lunches being about 250 or less). What are your favorite meals to make? If you could put the recipe in your response (along with the calories) that would be awesome!! Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    www.cookinglight.com/eating-smart/smart-choices/low-cal...

allrecipes.com/recipes/healthy-recipes/low-calorie/300-... allrecipes.com/recipes/healthy-recipes/low-calorie/300-calories-or-less-per-serving/

www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/collections/quick_heal

www.hungry-girl.com
  • sallyspan
    sallyspan Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm also a big fan of EatingWell.com and Cookinglight.com. Also Skinny Taste blog has some great ideas too.
  • emaxtastic
    emaxtastic Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    One of my fav lunches - Open-faced tuna melt with spinach salad. Msg for recipe!

....I'm trying to post a pic, but can't see how!
  • careyharv
    careyharv Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I recommend skinnytaste.com as well. I made a Sante Fe Chicken in a crock pot from the website and loved it. Tonight I am trying a new dish that is an Asian Chicken in lettuce wrap - looks great. :happy:
  • sssygirl
    sssygirl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Both of these can be dinner one day and lunch the next!

Cooking Light Jambalaya- I sub with hot turkey sausage and use brown rice

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/jambalaya-with-shrimp-andouille-sausage-10000001041904/

White Chicken Chili- I usually double this and freeze
    http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/white-chicken-chili-10000000701089/

Fajitas are a great lunch and dinner

saute or grill peppers and onions
    Grill meat of choice
    add la tortilla factory 100 calorie tortillas or use salad greens for a Fajita salad.
    Add salsa, lime, avacado, black beans...you name it!

Turkey Burger Salad
    1 Turkey Burger (or I like to use Spicy Black Bean Patties as well)
    2 Cups Lettuce
    Red Onion
    Pickles chopped
    Mustard
    Ketchup
    (add any other condiments you like)

This is a Yummy way to have a burger without the bun!
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    i totally am on the same page as you.. i eat a ton of chicken and you wonder how much chicken can one tolerate before they get bored.. so today i had a stuffed chicken breast .. with brown/red rice ,egg white, celery, onion and diced red bell pepper..i seasoned the outside of the boneless skinless chicken breast with poultry seasoning, freeze dried onion and pepper..omg it turned out soooo good..i made up three of them for future meals this week

another one is baked chicken breast with sauce and parmesan cheese .. wil have that with a serving of whole grain pasta ..

homemade southwestern salsa with shrimp in it.. baked my own tortilla chips using La Tortilla Factory whole grain wraps .. very good and very healthy

i inuldged in a steak yesterday., had a 6oz filet grilled , cut up and over a bed of baby spinach leaves with 1/8c of feta cheese and 1/8 c of craisins..no dressing .. it was so good though --didnt need dressing

there is also black bean chili using chicken pieces or ground turkey