Im after some motivation

Options
Ive been doing this for a week, Ive stayed under my 1200 a day calorie intake and exercised everyday.

Ive started doing the 30 Day shred as well.

I feel myself getting fitter, I can last longer when I run and I find working out a little easier each time. Which is all great but the main reason why Im doing all this, like most of us, is to lose weight.

A week ago I was 67.5kg today Im 67.7kg. Ive put on weight, only a little yes but none has come off.

Im not going to stop but Im just in a bit of a funk today.

Replies

• eoney
    eoney Posts: 35
    Options
    Don't pay too much attention to the scale. Your focus is where it should be in noticing that you FEEL more fit. I'd say the look and feel of your favorite jeans are a better indicator of progress than the scale is. With that said, the scale can definitely be your biggest motivator or your worst saboteur. Maybe add a little more challenge to your cardio workout and/or pay special note to the fat and sodium count as well as the calories on what you're eating. Most importantly, keep on keepin' on!
  • mzarns
    mzarns Posts: 3
    Options
    DEFINITELY do not pay attention to that blasted scale! When you work out -- especially doing the 30 day shred -- you are building muscle, which weighs more than fat. So the scale will most likely go up at first. But as you continue to lose the fat -- the scale will definitely go down...in time.

Keep going and you will continue to feel the difference...and eventually, you will see the difference in that scale.
    The best part is when others see the difference! I don't really care what that scale says -- as long as I feel good!!!!

The best thing to do is weigh yourself ONLY 1 time per week at the same time every week with the same clothes on....and that should give you the most consistent numbers. Also remember that your weight will fluctuate within 2-3 lbs. depending on your sleep, stress levels, water content, etc. as well. So, set yourself a goal of losing 5 lbs. in 1 month and check the scale at that time....and see how you are doing. I bet in that months time -- you will feel sooooo good just seeing and feeling the differences in your body, that it won't matter what the scale says! :)
    Keep up the GREAT work! It will be sooo worth it!