FOR WOMAN ONLY!

Options
Hey ladies... so quick Q.

I've never really watched my weight gain before, during and after a period.. but I know I get bloated, and I'm sure I gain 2-5 pounds..
How long does this last for you?
I tend to feel more normal again once my period has started..
It's weigh in day for me tomorrow and I'm contemplating not weighing in.. I don't want to be let down, because I've been working my BUTT off... no slips up at all now for 12 days!

Replies

• 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    bump for you! im breastfeeding right now and havent gotten mine back but im curious to know too (i havent really had hardly any in the last 6 years since ive spent more time being pregnant than not) :-)
  • livetolove24
    livetolove24 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I know I gain weight and majorly bloat starting the week before my period and my bloating lasts until about a day after my period ends. I have rough periods and everyone is different, but I know to expect a few extra pounds during that time and know it will diminish as soon as the bloating goes away.
  • liz3marie
    liz3marie Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Typically for me its anywhere from a week to a few days before my period and I.gain anywhere from 2~5lbs also.....very dissapointing! And sometimes it takes me a whole week or so for it to be normal again. If you decide to weigh in tomarrow and you see a gain, dont worry and dont record it. You didnt actually "gain" anything. You could always wait till next week or if your like me and weigh your self everyday, you could wait till it goes back down and you see a drop. :) hope I helped
  • cuteness81104
    cuteness81104 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    i will not tuch a scale on my period or 3 days after because i dont want to see the fake number even though i know its bloating i hate it so i avoid it lol
  • silentnacht
    Options
    I start feeling bloated the day before my period starts, but it only lasts a couple of days. I think I gain about 3 pounds, but it's hard to tell for sure because my weight fluctuates a bunch anyway. It's super annoying to have to suck in to fit into jeans that fit perfectly the rest of the month, though, which always happens.

If you're worried that a negative weigh-in will effect your morale definitely put it off until you stop feeling bloated.
  • libbyjoy85
    Options
    I find that I gain inches for a couple of days, but not really more than a pound or so-- but I won't lose weight that week. I lose about 1-2 lbs a week usually.
  • JustineDianaD
    JustineDianaD Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I gained almost 5 leading up to my period & the first couple days, but I'm on the tail end of it now, and stepped on the scales this morning and I was back down to where I was before (actually 1 pound less)
  • Mama2HnC
    Options
    So, I did weigh in.
    I weighed in as 1 pound lost. I count this as a victory as around this time of the month I gain anywhere from 2-5 pounds! I can't wait to step on the scale next week and see 3-4 pounds gone!!!
  • keiraannemorgan
    Options
    I wouldn't sweat it too much. I've been getting bloated with water weight around the time of my period since I was in my early 20s. It normally starts the day before I get my period, lasts a day or two and then goes away. I've heard that drinking coffee can help if you're really concerned with the bloating from an aesthetic standpoint, as caffeine zaps the body of its hydration. However, I'd recommend using it as an excuse to wear yoga pants and keep drinking as much water as possible to keep things moving and flush your system out.
  • keiraannemorgan
    Options
    I wouldn't sweat it too much. I've been getting bloated with water weight around the time of my period since I was in my early 20s. It normally starts the day before I get my period, lasts a day or two and then goes away. I've heard that drinking coffee can help if you're really concerned with the bloating from an aesthetic standpoint, as caffeine zaps the body of its hydration. However, I'd recommend using it as an excuse to wear yoga pants and keep drinking as much water as possible to keep things moving and flush your system out.

And I should add I probably also gain 2 - 5 pounds of water weight when it happens.