Allergic to exercise (like seriously, not sarcastically)

Options
Anytime I go to the gym to walk or lift weights or work out, heck sometimes even in the pool, I'll break out in an itchy red rash on my upper thighs, lower buttocks and the sides of my body. It's gotten so bad that I have to take an anihistamine 30 min before I hit the gym so I don't end up scratching myself in unlady-like ways in public. It's been this way for me for years cause I can remember getting these same rashes walking the almost mile to school when I was in jr high like 20 years ago.

So my question is, does anyone else have this weird phenomena happen to them too or am I the only one? (at least on here, I know there are others out there on the web cause I looked into a few years ago, its where I got the allergy pill tip)

Replies

• lunarescape
    lunarescape Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'll start itching on my legs and thighs too. I'm not sure why that is. Maybe something to do with sweat?
  • ascoope
    ascoope Posts: 42
    Options
    I have had this too! I will sometimes (not as often now as it used to be) break out in an UNGODLY itchyness while running. It is so bad that I literally cannot continue. I think it's a circulation issue, the better shape I am in the less it happens to me. When I've been sitting on my butt a lot and then I go running, it's much more likely to happen than if I was active all day before.
  • naturallykat
    naturallykat Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Have you asked your doctor about it? That would be the best place to start in my opinion. If you're in the states and the doctors is going to cost you (I don't know the ins and outs of how insurance works over there) then have a good google and see what comes up?
  • moiramab
    moiramab Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sounds like heat rash: starts to show up when you're hot and sweating, then disappears before the end of the night? I'd get them in the summer (100 degrees+, woo), and they are very unpleasant :-/ I'd say just water and cotten clothes, especially pants