is 15 mins on stationary bike worth it? Worth logging?

Options
I ride for appx 30-45 first thing in the morning. I've put my stationary bike in my home office so when i have a few available mins I jump on for 15 mins...should i log this? I have time mid-morning and mid-afternoon. Is it worth doing? I worth up a small sweat (more of a "glisten" :).

What do you think?

Replies

• destiny364us
    destiny364us Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Every workout counts. I count the amount of time I spend walking around my office. Although it's low pace, I am stilling getting up and moving for longer than a couple of minutes. Log It.
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Yes log it. It's all part of balancing your calories.
  • LJV1031
    LJV1031 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I agree with "log it"
  • SpunkyinNE
    SpunkyinNE Posts: 1 Member
    Options
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Log it! Though if you only logged 5 min a day, I wouldn't, but if you accumulated 15 min or more, def!
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Every workout counts. I count the amount of time I spend walking around my office. Although it's low pace, I am stilling getting up and moving for longer than a couple of minutes. Log It.

I wouldn't count walking around the office as exercise unless it was for a big proportion of the day (eg delivering mail or something and even then I'd probably adjust my activity level instead). I think stuff like walking to the car park and back is part of the BMR x 1.2.
  • jeffarthur
    jeffarthur Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    thanks. BTW...nice photo of a rose
  • jeffarthur
    jeffarthur Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    "photo"
  • destiny364us
    destiny364us Posts: 50 Member
    Options

I wouldn't count walking around the office as exercise unless it was for a big proportion of the day (eg delivering mail or something and even then I'd probably adjust my activity level instead). I think stuff like walking to the car park and back is part of the BMR x 1.2.

I wear a pedometer to count my steps each day.
  • briannw
    briannw Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yep, because if you do it 3 times a day you just rode for 45 minutes