Exercising at your desk

Options
Hi Everyone,

I have a desk job where I sit for about 8 hours a day... does anyone know of any exercises that I can do while sitting at my desk?

Replies

• jetescamilla
    Options
    I shake my legs a bit, but you could also invest in getting a ball desk chair http://www.buy.com/pr/product.aspx?sku=226592722&sellerid=16881584, which would engage your core as you work all day. Also promoting better posture and keep you from slouching. We have this for our office at home.

Other than that you could do some squats or pushups periodically. I have been parking in the 8th floor of my parking garage and taking the stairs up and down. Also taking the stairs down from my office anytime I leave the building. Unfortunately the staircases in my office dont open on the stairwell side so I cant come up these stairs, only down.
  • Valkyriewoman
    Valkyriewoman Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I get up and do squats and lunges in my cube often. Also walking lunges down the hallway before anyone gets here in the morning. Push ups with your hands on the desk work too. You can do knee lifts as well.
  • whosdatgyrl7225
    whosdatgyrl7225 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    you could get one of those stationary peddlers, I'm getting one soon. So while you sit, you peddle!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I have a desk job where I sit for about 8 hours a day... does anyone know of any exercises that I can do while sitting at my desk?
    Yes!
    I do this every day!
    http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/features/exercise-at-your-desk
  • Karin365
    Karin365 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Taking stairs is a great idea for exercise.

14841085.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I do chair dips, squats, lunges stand up and push your chair back for about 30 mins everyday
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I sit on the exercise ball at work part of the day. While on it, I move my hips, do impromptu sit ups.. pelvic thrusts.. bounce up and down.. work my quads.. it actually helps my knees, which tend to get stiff if I sit too long.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    every time i take a bathroom break (about every hour considering all the water I drink), I do squats in the stall. I also take walks during lunch and do push ups in my office. While at your desk, you can perhaps look into a foot pedal contraption or do dips off the edge of your desk. Taking the stairs and parking far away also helps!
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I recently started using a balance ball as my office chair for at least 4 hours a day and it's been pretty awesome so far. I don't stop moving when I'm using it. It really breaks up the monotony of a sedentary job and burns a few calories I'm sure.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I DO KEGELS...........
  • SabrinaAbney
    Options
    you could get one of those stationary peddlers, I'm getting one soon. So while you sit, you peddle!
    Thats what I thought of as soon as I read this post.