Juicing

Options
I recently started juicing, but really have not idea what to do with my juicer. I don't have any recipies and have no idea how to log my calories for the juice I am drinking. Is anyone familiar with juicing? Do you have any ideas of what to use or how to log calories?

Does anyone juice?

Replies

• magilla1948
    Options
    I juce often. I use the raw equilivant of the veggies or fruit to count calories. Google 'juice recipes'h and you'll get lots of them.
  • pinkakira1
    pinkakira1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    i look up each fruit or veggie I put in there... i.e. when I juice carrots I look up juicing carrots or raw carrot juice and look to see if I can find one that matches. It has alot of raw juice options but it seems alot easier to find them if you use the computer not the app. some items are not on there for juice like cilantro.
  • zacherybinx
    zacherybinx Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    i look up each fruit or veggie I put in there... i.e. when I juice carrots I look up juicing carrots or raw carrot juice and look to see if I can find one that matches. It has alot of raw juice options but it seems alot easier to find them if you use the computer not the app. some items are not on there for juice like cilantro.

Thanks so much for this portion "juicing carrots or raw carrot juice" that helped me a ton. I just got back into MFP and have been juicing like crazy so was curious how to find stuff especially considering things like orange juice/apple juice have a ton of brand name crap and if you want it "raw" that helps a ton knowing how to find it. So kudos!
  • Alyshe
    Alyshe Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Add the same cals as a you would add to a salad. Try some ginger in with stuff like carrots. (use vary little ginger), Spinach with an orange. Put together what you think would tast good. :-)
  • 614jaimee
    Options
    Some sites say that you subtract 10% of the calories since you get rid
    Some of the calories, but some say that you do not. It's all a bit confusing.

Today I did 4 celery stalks, 2 large carrots and 1 large apple. It was delish!