im not sure how to start the weight loss thing

Options
i always hear the regular stuff but can i please get some info on how some of ya'll startd off

Replies

• StacieLutes
    StacieLutes Posts: 68
    Options
    I decided to start by drinking my water everyday! As for exercise, my friend gave me the idea to jog in place during TV comercials instead of sitting on my couch. I've lost 9lbs and now I think I'm ready to add more exercises. Once you see some weight shed then you become motivated to push yourself. Hope this helps you out:flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Most important for me was logging every morsel-- keep track of everything you eat-- EVERYTHING.

Coffee creamer, after dinner mints, bites of your friend's burgers-- if you eat it, you log it.

You'll be surprised where calories come from.

Good luck-- at your age, your weight should fly off if you stay committed-- :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • lmbailey2010
    Options
    i really hope to jump start i awnt to reach 140 by my birthday. so hopefully i can get it going. more suggestions are needed and greatly appreciated. everyone here is so nice
  • abusafia
    abusafia Posts: 8
    Options
    I think the best thing to do is start out with a wholesome breakfast at least in the first hour you wake, This gets your metabolism running(like putting gas in your car to keep it running). Try to eat smaller meals, (which for most of us when we started were snacks) about every 3 - 4 hours.I know it seems you are always eating, but this is the best for your body and to keep your metabolism running smooth. I also recomend having protien everytime you eat. Lots to do, so maybe start with your water and work in a new step every week. Most of all remember, it's a way of life to get extra weight off and keep it off. There are mountians and valleys in weight loss, so be patient and take it easy on yourself. KEEP GOING!!!!!!!