My blog: Who Am I-I know someone will relate to this...

Options
You know...I've noticed a lot of people get on social networking sites and all of a sudden, a new person is born. People hide the bad, show off the good, and make up **** that is far from true.

I'm sure I've done this myself, I think everyone does.

So I'm going to put it straight out for all to see.

I'm Leslie. I'm 29 and I am on a journey to lose roughly 100 lbs. I know how to do it, I know what to do, but I just haven't learned how to get my mind back in the right place yet. It's taken small steps of change, but I did manage to shed off 40 lbs on my own within the last two years. I'm now at the point where I want more than this. I deserve more than the life I've let myself live.

I'm married to a man I've been with for 11 years. We've had a hard year and are working to find a resolution that will make us both happy whether we're together or not. It's a challenge to say the least, but I definately have let that stress overpower me.

I've also somehow become more confident and comfortable with myself at the same time. I'm still overweight but sorry...I'm a very pretty girl. No matter what my weight, I get compliments from people that I know and complete strangers all the time. I'm not tooting my own horn, I'm owning the good qualities I have to work with.

I'm also very loyal. I'm a great friend and would do anything to help keep someone from hurting, or crying, or to make them smile. I expect way too much in return sometimes, but am slowly learning to offer my love and not always expect it in return.

I joke about being a slacker at work and such but the truth is I'm a very hard work and determined. I wasn't brought up with much...I learned how to get by dollar to dollar. I usually am working two jobs and will most likely always be driving an older car..and that I'm perfectly fine with because everything I have, I paid for and earned myself.

I have great friends. I have great extended family. And I have a lot more potential.

If anyone possibly doesn't look past my weight to see all these qualities I have, then they're really not "all that" as they think....cuz they would be god damn lucky to have me in their life in any which way!!! And that goes the same for any of you reading this. We can banter and ***** on the boards how being fat isn't attractive....but being a good person absolutely is. I'm losing weight finally for just me and no one else...I hope you are all doing the same.

I'm not quite sure where I"m going with this post except I felt the need to get some **** out of my head and leave you with this quote....

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
― Marilyn Monroe

And that's it. Carry the eff on.

Replies

• Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    You are awesome and thats why we love your crazy *kitten*!!! Never change and stay the same.
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Carry the eff on.

Most epic moment of this entire post.

Good for you on it all, though! :wink:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THIS AND YOU!!!
  • m2agm
    m2agm Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    There is no like button here- but i am officially liking your post- and the quote - its one of my favs! Keep being you -
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    No like button, but you can go to her blog and vote it up.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MyFeistyEvolution/view/who-am-i-193905

Yep, I'm pimpin' you out b/c it's pimp-worthy. :heart:
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Well said! You rock!
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    I'm in love with you :love:
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with you :love:

:mad: I'm jealous!! :mad:

Beautiful post! Love the quote. And you are a VERY pretty girl.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    This is my second year on MFP....the first round got a bit hairy...lol just created this profile this week and one thing I'm going to do more of this time around is reaching out and hoping others will learn tidbits from my mistakes as they start their journeys...and laugh and be snarky as hell as well, ;)
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Hell to the YES! You're amazing and I'm glad I get to be part of this evolution with you!!
  • tlafrance
    tlafrance Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You go girl ! I like that self esstem you got..I need to get that to rub on to me.

- Tania
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Love this. :drinker:
  • Euegenie
    Options
    Wow you have a great outlook overall. I am glad to hear your doing this for yourself. I think thats what matters the most and yeah, I can relate.
  • smbakke77
    smbakke77 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    That a girl! :) Good to have you back!
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    You know I got mad love and respect for you! And, I'm happy and honored to be your friend :):) You're a great person inside and out!!
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Well I'm going down a much different road, like I mentioned, so feel free to FR if you want some motivation! :)
  • MeliciousGibson
    Options
    I am officially liking this post as well!

It isn't always easy for us to admit our "not great" qualities to others - let alone complete strangers!

I'm a stress-eater and have had MORE than my "normal" share of stress in the past 3 months. Surgery, HRT (at 37 years old), my mother-in-law passed, and finding out on the LONG drive from Michigan to California for her funeral that my husband cheated on me the previous summer. Yep - I have eaten so many cookies, cakes, chips, fries, and candies that if I had them all back I could host a birthday party for a hundred 8 year olds!

But I'm back on track. I'm eating HEALTHY now. I'm not starving myself or being harsh with myself. I'm encouraging myself (and others) that LIFE IS TOUGH - BUT WE ARE TOUGHER! If I get cravings (or any of my friends) I tell myself that I can muscle through it and it will go away. Nothing is permanent - not even this weight.

That needle on the scale isn't budging mutch, but I can do a whole Zumba class now without thinking the instructor is the Devil or that I hope the paramedics will be able to make it to me in time. My husband and I are bonding over reading nutritional labels in the grocery store now. We're enjoying discovering new tastes together.

I'm becoming a GREAT motivator - since each person I help motivate, I'm actually helping to motivate MYSELF!

So - WE CAN ALL DO THIS!!! There are good days and bad, but it's a JOURNEY, not a DESTINATION.

Light and love and TONS OF FUN!

Melissa
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    *love*
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options
    Love this and love you!
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options