CTS360, Shakeology, Etc...

Options
Any advice on CTS 360 or Shakeology? I don't want to rely on supplements to lose weight, I just want a jumpstart. I'd like to be down to my pre-baby (2 years ago) weight of 150 by my September wedding. SW is 177 at 5'1.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Any advice on CTS 360 or Shakeology? I don't want to rely on supplements to lose weight, I just want a jumpstart. I'd like to be down to my pre-baby (2 years ago) weight of 150 by my September wedding. SW is 177 at 5'1.

Thanks in advance!

And how do you think Shakeology or CTS 360 would jumpstart your weight loss, do they contain something magical in them to jumpstart weight loss?

Just get your diet in your check and you'll be fine, no need for over priced supps such as CTS 360 or ShakeO
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Why spend tons of money to 'jumpstart' when the only 'jumpstart' necessary is to simply start tracking your food and not eating too many calories? Light a firecracker or something for your jump start, then start tracking your food.
  • mable10
    mable10 Posts: 39
    Options
    I have heard that the 3 day Shakeology Cleanse is good. I personally have never done it before. Maybe some MFP'ers have and can post their results for you.
  • BritFitB
    BritFitB Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I went on Shakeology for about 2 years. I loved the taste, and it did keep me satisfied as far as a meal replacement. However, for me, it did not help to move the scale for someone who works out 6 days a week. It overworked my digestive tract, and while the ingredients are superior, the price is not always efficient for a household. Is it worth the money? Absolutely, for the ingredients in Shakeology. My issue was price. Paying almost 115 dollars with shipping is not easy for everybody in these economic times.
  • Acg67
    Options
    I went on Shakeology for about 2 years. I loved the taste, and it did keep me satisfied as far as a meal replacement. However, for me, it did not help to move the scale for someone who works out 6 days a week. It overworked my digestive tract, and while the ingredients are superior, the price is not always efficient for a household. Is it worth the money? Absolutely, for the ingredients in Shakeology. My issue was price. Paying almost 115 dollars with shipping is not easy for everybody in these economic times.

Psst i suggest you do a little more research on the ingredients, i'm going to give you a hint, they are not superior
  • cmevans22
    cmevans22 Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Thanks in advance!

And how do you think Shakeology or CTS 360 would jumpstart your weight loss, do they contain something magical in them to jumpstart weight loss?

Just get your diet in your check and you'll be fine, no need for over priced supps such as CTS 360 or ShakeO

I have an opportunity to get a great deal on both mentioned, that's why I asked. It is a given that diet and exercise are the only healthy ways to lose weight. I am doing both of those two...obviously or I wouldn't be on here tracking my calories. I know the initial success of all methods will give me the encouragement and motivation to continue on my weight loss journey. THAT'S how I think they will jumpstart my weightloss...
  • kwehkweh
    kwehkweh Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I've been doing shakeology for about a year now. I started out selling it but I'm going to tell you the same thing I tell my customers- It will not lose the weight for you. Shakeology is about repairing your body nutritionally. Yes it helps speed up your metabolism. So does exercise and a clean diet. Yes it helps give you energy. So does exercise and a clean diet. Yes it helps with your digestive track. So does exercise and a clean diet. People who take shakeology are just making sure they have non-synthetic vitamins and minerals repairing their body. It has ingredients that are harder to find and harder to get, which is why it costs more, but it's not a magic pill.
    People who tend to lose extra weight from shakeology are usually
    -Bingers (it has ingredients that help level hormones that tell you that you when you need to eat)
    -Diabetics (it helps regulate blood sugar levels)
    - People with digestive issues
    - People with long term diseases where medication and side effects cause weight gain
    - People with on the go diets who tend to skip meals because of time or tend to eat fast food because of lack of time

Shakeology does not fix laziness and bad eating habits. I'm not saying you're lazy. I'm not saying you have bad eating habits. I am saying that if someone said you'll definitely lose weight with shakeology but didn't include that you still have to work out and eat right, they lied to you.

I take it because I have heart disease that runs in my family, I binge, it takes away my migraines, and it's an easy meal to make sure I'm getting a good amount of vitamins and minerals and actually digesting them instead of them going in one end and out the other.

For many other people, an organic daily vitamin will do just as much.
  • kwehkweh
    Options

Psst i suggest you do a little more research on the ingredients, i'm going to give you a hint, they are not superior
    I'm not a full nutritionist yet but I am studying to be one. The ingredients in shakeology are considered superior because they are ingredients that most vitamin suppliments do not offer, they are non-synthetic, and they are put together at a ratio that offers the customer to actually get the benefits from it, not just thrown in there so it can be put on the label. I don't think she was trying to say it was magic or anything.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

I'm not a full nutritionist yet but I am studying to be one. The ingredients in shakeology are considered superior because they are ingredients that most vitamin suppliments do not offer, they are non-synthetic, and they are put together at a ratio that offers the customer to actually get the benefits from it, not just thrown in there so it can be put on the label. I don't think she was trying to say it was magic or anything.
    I can take multi vitamins with better ingredients for a fraction of the cost. I guess if spending money than you need to on something helps someone get that placebo effect...go for it.
  • kwehkweh
    Options

I can take multi vitamins with better ingredients for a fraction of the cost. I guess if spending money than you need to on something helps someone get that placebo effect...go for it.
    Ok at first I was trying to be nice but now I'm offended. I've tried everything for my migraines. Living with daily migraines is hell. I started shakeology and after the first two weeks my migraines were gone. That's not a placebo effect. I wasn't expecting it to take them away. And I wasn't expecting my cardiologist to get excited I was taking it either. This worked for me. Other stuff works for other people. You should never talk down to someone because you don't believe in what they're taking. I wasn't rude to you. I'm happy your multivitamin works for you. This has helped me and many others. I feel this is better than anything I've ever seen on the shelves. Don't discredit something that has helped me this much. That's wrong and uncalled for.
  • Acg67
    Options

Ok good, you're in school studying to be a nutritionist?

cyanocobalamin is non synthetic? is it superior to it's coenzyme form methylcobalamin?

Do you find any issues with the vitamin E just being alpha tocopherol?

How do you know they are put together in a ratio that is beneficial to the consumer when the majority of the ingredients are in prop blends? for all anyone knows they could be putting a minuscule amount of each, just so they can list it on the label
  • ofccat
    ofccat Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    There is no magic pill. I am a BB coach and will tell you that. You need to exercise and you can add Shakeology to your regimen but without exercising and eating right you will not get lasting results. I do have a chart comparing different nutritional drinks if you would like it send me a PM.
  • cmevans22
    Options
    So trying this again...mostly, I'm interested if anyone has tried CTS360. I'm not going to do Shakeology. When I say I would like a "jumpstart" I'm refering to the fact that it would help me tremendously to get the initial first 5-10 pounds off. I have been logging my food and exercise every day this week and plan on keeping that routine. I just know that if I lose more weight, faster, then the better I will feel, the more energy I will have, and the more motivation I will have to continue working toward my goal.

By no means do I think it is a Magic Pill, nor will I be relying on it. I would appreciate some understanding in this as I'm sure other people have been or will be in the same situation as me.

Thanks, again.
  • cmevans22
    Options

Thank you, I have actually posted more of a "bump" with an explanation that I am interested more in CTS360 than Shakeology..
  • Acg67
    Options
    So trying this again...mostly, I'm interested if anyone has tried CTS360. I'm not going to do Shakeology. When I say I would like a "jumpstart" I'm refering to the fact that it would help me tremendously to get the initial first 5-10 pounds off. I have been logging my food and exercise every day this week and plan on keeping that routine. I just know that if I lose more weight, faster, then the better I will feel, the more energy I will have, and the more motivation I will have to continue working toward my goal.

By no means do I think it is a Magic Pill, nor will I be relying on it. I would appreciate some understanding in this as I'm sure other people have been or will be in the same situation as me.

Thanks, again.

Based off thier "strongest" fat burner

http://www.completenutrition.com/all_products/product_detail;jsessionid=2788DF6B0818D6CCAADD6201E1134724.vipa-01b?object=7288

It looks like it's a relatively potent blend of stims (caffeine, green tea, yohimbine, 1,3 dimeth), raspberry ketones and dandelion extract which acts as a diuretic. So you'd prob have some more energy and lose a bit of water weight assuming you had your diet in check. but with all the diff stims i'd watch your out if you are sensitive to stims
  • cmevans22
    Options

Thanks, again.

http://www.completenutrition.com/all_products/product_detail;jsessionid=2788DF6B0818D6CCAADD6201E1134724.vipa-01b?object=7288

It looks like it's a relatively potent blend of stims (caffeine, green tea, yohimbine, 1,3 dimeth), raspberry ketones and dandelion extract which acts as a diuretic. So you'd prob have some more energy and lose a bit of water weight assuming you had your diet in check. but with all the diff stims i'd watch your out if you are sensitive to stims

So is there something more natural (and cheaper) you would suggest? I could definitely use the energy (I have a 2 year old to keep up with and a very boring, tiring desk job)...
  • Acg67
    Options

Thanks, again.

So is there something more natural (and cheaper) you would suggest? I could definitely use the energy (I have a 2 year old to keep up with and a very boring, tiring desk job)...

caffeine works find, you can take it in coffee form, pill form etc. and it's dirt cheap