1200 calorie a day,what to eat??

Options
what kind of healthy foods i can eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner without me feeling starving at all?
i tried to eat less but in a while i can feel the hunger again!!!

Replies

• andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Find ppl on 1200 and have a look at their diaries. I am one of them.
  • Froggorf
    Options
    Carnation instant breakfast has been a lifesaver. I drink it at 8 a.m. and can make it until 1 p.m. before I am starving. Munching on celery and carrots is a big help, too. Lots of water!
  • theresa029
    Options
    yes i have those herbal life and really so expensive! lol but i still feel my hunger taking that shake..and those anti cellulite tablet and colon cleansing..but its good and healthy...
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Eat FIBER like whole grains, beans, and legumes, and healthy fats, like nuts, almonds, etc. Make sure you're getting enough protein with healthy meats like chicken, fish and tuna, and drink tons of water. Fiber and healthy fats help my hunger a lot, and I'm on 1230 cal. Also, change your MIND--If you're going to lose weight, there is going to be some level of discomfort because you're creating a calorie deficit. Change your mindset and learn to embrace that mild level of hunger, instead of always having to fix it. That mild hungry feeling tells you that you're burning FAT, and you're on the way to a healthier, happier you. I definitely don't have all this figured out, and I struggle with all the same stuff the rest of you do, but these are some things that help me. Don't give up. We can do this!:happy: :happy:
  • LoriLoves2Run
    Options
    Eggs are low in calories, high in protein and quite filling. An average egg is 70 calories. When I was on 1240 cal/day, I ate 2 eggs with cooked spinach (about 3 cups raw) and tomato with a slice of toast for breakfast. That's about 220 calories if you eat bread like Wonder Smart Wheat. I love spinach and I still eat a LOT of it. It's a great nutritious filler.

Laughing cow makes a great soft cheese .Light Swiss is about 35 cals a wedge and is quite a satisfying substitute for regular cheese. Also lean cold cuts.

And of course, apples, oranges, potatoes are great!!!! They aren't as satisfying as a slice of cake but they certainly don't leave as great an impact of guilt.

Feel free to check out my diary from back in September / October time frame. I've upped my intake since then because I've met my goal. I run a lot and I found I wasn't fueling my body which was destroying my runs. Remember (because it was hard for me), you are supposed to eat back your exercise calories. I'm really bad at this but I'm getting better.
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I found that protein keeps me satisfied longer than fat or carbs so I strive for a marginally higher protein diet. Starting the day with a breakfast with at least 20 grams of protein seems to be optimal for me.

Fiber also helps me to feel full. That’s why I only eat whole grains and try to find low glycemic index foods.

I eat a lot of:

Lean meats like fish and poultry
    Greek yogurt
    Protein bars
    Whole grains
    Low fat cheese
    Veggies
    Oranges
    Apples
    Strawberries

Most days I am satisfied without going over on my calories.

Good luck!
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    its not going to be long and i will be on 1200 cal to i would eat lots of fruit vegs and really lean meat
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - eggs, porridge, natural yoghurt with nuts or berries
    Lunch - salad or soup. Protein is good, so include some tuna, chicken, ham
    Dinner - lean grilled fish or meat with veg like brocoli or cauliflower
    Snacks - cheese, hard boiled egg, celery sticks with peanut butter or humous, fruit
  • maieranne77
    maieranne77 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Eggs, cottage cheese, lean meats, vegetables, beans, hummus are staples for me.

Cottage cheese and shrimp
    Cooked brocolli with wedge of light laughing cow cheese
    hummus and pretzles
    Eggs + plain instant grits almost every morning (low calorie, high protein)
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I suggest an evaluation of your calorie goal. Typically, those with your stats would have a bmr in the 1,400-1,600 range.
  • mammafrog
    mammafrog Posts: 176
    Options
    I'm not the healthiest eater but you can see my diary. I am on 1200 calories a day (except 1 day a week)