Over 40 goal? Have a body like Hugh Jackman / Daniel Craig

Options
Jeff92se
Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
At 44, 174lbs 5;7", I would like to know if this is realistic. Not the face looks haha but the body. At 180lbs I was measured at 20%. Been lifting consistently. Happen to see some folks at a pool party and they commented on the difference from 180lbs to 174lbs. Doesn't seem like enough of a weight diff for them to comment on but they did. Anyway, 2-3 more lbs and I'll be right at my target. Abs are starting to show. and at my age, i don't expect to be ultra ripped. Or can I actually achieve this?

hugh-jackman-daniel-craig-a-steady-rain.jpg

Replies

• seehawkmomma
    Options
    Sorry just had to read because it said Hugh Jackman......*drool*

Thats all :bigsmile:
  • likeaphoenix28
    Options
    I don't see any reason why you couldn't achieve a body like that, with the proper work put in. I say go for it! Besides, both those guys are in their 40s aren't they?
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    I don't see any reason why you couldn't achieve a body like that, with the proper work put in. I say go for it! Besides, both those guys are in their 40s aren't they?

I believe so. Hence why I used for an example. I could use Danial Dae Kim as he's 43. He's 5'9" but only 166lbs. So I think he's a bit thinner than me.

088df7ea64545071617ec7452ac6d5979.jpg
  • spinedocmfp
    spinedocmfp Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You can do it at this age. I started at 220 and have been lifting weights and decreasing body fat. I have a "2 pack", upper abs defined, lower not there yet. I think in about 5 lbs lower I'll be the Hugh Jackman look. If you are getting near abs showing, 6lb is a big difference, easy to see. I would bet neither of those pics are below 12% BF, not too far off for you. You seem to eat very clean, so I don't think you will have a problem. I have found .5 lb per week deficit, with cheat days, better for weight loss at this stage. I need a calorie burst once in a while to recharge the metabolism.
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    I've been ave less than 1/2 lb a week loss. Despite meeting my #s pretty much. I don't think it accounts for any heavy lifting. But I'm with you on the cheat deays. I usually go over by a signficant amount 500-600 calories once a week.
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Sure, why not. While I am not as fit as Hugh (yet), I am in my mid 50s.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I don't see why not. A friend of mine who used to be a trainer still has that kind of body...and he's 43 :wink:
  • Legalchica
    Options

^^THIS
  • tjpinch
    tjpinch Posts: 87 Member
    Options

^^ Yeah, that.
  • aviduser
    aviduser Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I started at 220. Now 177. Have six pack, and am very lean. Still have a little LBF, but not bad.

In order to get the lean & cut look, you need to build muscle (I do weight training and cycling) and lose the fat that hides the muscle. Losing weight=losing fat.

BTW, I am 42. You can do it. Eat well and exercise well.
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I don't see why you couldn't attain a body like that either, if you're disciplined enough to go through and stay with your program.

(I also, just had to see the pictures because of the title.)

My celebrity lover is Russell, with his bad boy attitude and all!

katie
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    You'll have no problem maintaining once you get to your goal ..
    granted I am not 40 yet (39 in April) but I dont plan on too much changing about my physique...
  • Legalchica
    Options
    :noway:
    granted I am not 40 yet (39 in April) but I dont plan on too much changing about my physique...

and you are ever so much more cut!! mmmmm your profile pic doesnt do you justice
  • Jeff92se
    Options

That was a slightly odd statement. Was that for me?(ie..examine the diary)
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    My inspiration is Dylan McDermott. The guy is FIFTY - 13 years older than me, and he's got a body like a 20 year old...

300.ahs2.cm.101911.jpg
  • Burgundie
    Options
    You can get the body like Hugh Jackman / Daniel Craig if you keep to your goal. I did see workout plan for Hugh Jackman on cable when he was getting ready for the role of Wolverine. He worked out at least 5 days a week for 1-2 hours when filming the movie. He was eating every two to three hours. He focused on building mass and on strength.
  • duckpond11
    duckpond11 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    of course you can! I've seen pictures of 70 year old men who look fabulous like that. I think though you have to keep in mind that genetics plays a huge role in how well we can develop muscles. And you'll have to have a pretty regimented workout/diet that is designed for building muscle. But you can do it!
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options

LOVE the profile pic! :laugh:
  • s_waser
    s_waser Posts: 92
    Options
    I heard that Hugh Jackman was on a crazy diet when preparing for Wolverine. He was on Regis and Kelly and said that he didn't eat carbs of any kind (including fruit) except one slice of bread at 2 am and then would work out afterwards for an hour. I think that you could do it but it takes dedication and a strength to NOT eat foods that are processed or contain little to know carbs.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Daniel Craig is so hot!!!