Holy NSV's and inches lost, Batman!!

Options
For all of you extremely heavy people who think that you can not workout and can not do things- think again!! I made up my mind that I was sick of being this big about 3 days after Christmas. I then came back to MFP, and started out just by changing my diet alone. I didn't start any exercising until Jan 1st.

Since then, I have lost 8.4 pounds, and I just measured again today, and I have lost 6.5 inches between my bust, waist, neck, and hips.

I started the 30DS on the 1st, and I could not do jumping jacks at all. I also started out with 3lb weights. On the 8th day, I could do jumping jacks, and I also had to increas to 5lb weights because the 3lb ones weren't cutting it anymore. I also couldn't do push-ups, and I can now (girl push-ups, but still). I also do a Leslie Sansone dvd called "Walk Away the Pounds" along with this.

Each and everyday, I am getting stronger. I have more energy than I have had in years, and even though I still have a LONG way to go, I am ecstatic to see these kind of results already.

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    That is awesome and very encouraging. I have been wanting to do a Jillian DVD and almost talked myself out of it when I read another thread here about how hard it is. Also I'm grumbling about not wanting to spend money on weights. But those kinds of quick results are worth it.
  • Brandee4
    Options
    Way to go! I am trying to do 30DS and I cannot even keep motivated to get to day 8! I really commend you for being able to do it!:smile:
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    WHOO HOOO! Great job countrygirl81! We had very similar experiences with 30DS. I couldn't do the jumping jacks without stopping when I started it and I struggled with 3 pounds. By the end I was doing all the advanced moves and never took a break. I also couldn't do a pushup but by the end could do 15 girl pushups! It's amazing how much you can improve. Congrats on your results and stick with it and it'll only get better!!

deksgrl - you don't need to buy weights. I was going it with a group here on MFP and some people were using canned veggies (it's a pound!) as weights. You'll still see results without fancy weights. And it's only as hard as you want it to be - modify, modify, modify until you feel you don't have to anymore.
  • phy40
    phy40 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring story.
  • tdots1andonly
    tdots1andonly Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Very encouraging. I myself am on day 2 of 30DS...first day I took a lot of breaks but paused if I took more than 5 second break, and could barely make it through push ups or jumping jacks. Today I did uch better I was able to do girl push ups back not quiet straight allt he way though and more jumping jacks. My BF did it with me today so tha helped me stay motivated to prove to him that I coudl do it. Tomorrow will be day 3 for me and like many say day 3 is make it or break it. I am sure I will keep going and doing great. Fel LIke I am ready to becomea fitness junkie. I hope to also take a walk later tonight with my oldest and dog for at least 45 minutes.
  • countrygirl812
    Options
    That is awesome and very encouraging. I have been wanting to do a Jillian DVD and almost talked myself out of it when I read another thread here about how hard it is. Also I'm grumbling about not wanting to spend money on weights. But those kinds of quick results are worth it.

They really don't cost that much at all. I think they're about $8 for a set of 3lb ones at Wal-Mart. I went ahead and bought the Jillian Michaels set of weights when I needed to move up though. They have 3,5, and 8lb weights all in the box, and a storage tray that they sit in. That set was $30.
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for inspiring us. You are doing an amazing job! Keep fighting, killer!!!
  • countrygirl812
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I just wanted to talk about these little things to hopefully inspire someone else. I have finally made up my mind that NOTHING is going to stop me from getting this weight off.
  • deksgrl
    Options
    deksgrl - you don't need to buy weights. I was going it with a group here on MFP and some people were using canned veggies (it's a pound!) as weights. You'll still see results without fancy weights. And it's only as hard as you want it to be - modify, modify, modify until you feel you don't have to anymore.

Cool, I think I'll try the cans to start with. And if in a week or three I'm doing so amazing that I need heavier weights I'll reevaluate then. :)
  • countrygirl812
    Options
    Okay, I have no edit button to edit the original post. Am I missing something? I want to add pics to the original post, but I don't see an option anywhere.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Okay, I have no edit button to edit the original post. Am I missing something? I want to add pics to the original post, but I don't see an option anywhere.

You can only edit your original post for about an hour after you post it - then it's there for life! HA!

Just add to this thread as a separate post with your pics.
  • lindsnjeff
    lindsnjeff Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job girl! Keep it up!
  • Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Options
    Keep it up girl!!!
  • countrygirl812
    Options

You can only edit your original post for about an hour after you post it - then it's there for life! HA!

Just add to this thread as a separate post with your pics.

Well, that is super lame. LOL. I will do that.
  • _xoxok
    _xoxok Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    You go, girl! Awesome job. What day of the 30 Day Shred are you on?? I'm doing it too!
  • WestCoastDeb
    Options
    Nice! Keep up the good work. Glad you are feeling stronger too.
  • countrygirl812
    Options
    You go, girl! Awesome job. What day of the 30 Day Shred are you on?? I'm doing it too!

I am on day 12 I just did the second day of level 2 today.
  • _xoxok
    _xoxok Posts: 152 Member
    Options

I am on day 12 I just did the second day of level 2 today.

I cried the first couple of days of Level 2!! LOL.. It was pretty tough! Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • countrygirl812
    Options
    Since I can not edit this post, I am (courageously) posting them here. I do not look this bad on a normal basis, lol. The first pic was taken on 1-5-2012 and the other one was taken today, 1-13-2012, both after my workout. Most of this is thanks to the 30DS, but I have also been doing Leslie Sansone "Walk Away the Pounds."

IMG_3430-2.jpg
  • deksgrl
    Options
    Can definitely see the difference! That's amazing in just a few weeks! I'm leaving work early and going to pick up 30DS.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!