First timer on MFP - Looking to lose the last 67.5lbs of my

Options
Hey everyone!

First off, my name is Ryan, and I'm 24 years of age. My beautiful girlfriend signed up on here the other day and invited me, so I accepted and decided I'd check it out.

I'll just copy and paste this from my profile:

"My name's Ryan aka Fatty 2.0, and I've been losing weight over the past year and a half (off and on). I was originally 350lbs out of Uni... after having played basketball my whole life throughout high school and college, I messed my ankle up. I was unable to play basketball competitively any longer, and was insanely less active than I had previously been. I however did not change my diet, and went from being 240lbs to 350lbs in a matter of about 4.5 years.

I had made it down to 265lbs in the summer, but sort of got discouraged with the weight not coming off any longer (plateaued) and due to a lack of disciplined diet I find myself at 287.5lbs. I'm restarting again w/ my diet back in order and going hard w/ a 3 month stint of P90X!

My goal weight is 220lbs, and at 6'6 I should be in the best shape of my life. I have a lot to live for (looking at you Rachel), and I intend to live it well! I want to continue to change my life now so that I don't have to be the one who looks back at his life 20 years down the road saying "What if - how different could my life have been? How different could my experiences have been?"

It's time to kick obesity's butt (again!)!! Despite my unfortunate genes, I still control my destiny and my life physically through hard work and the right nutrition! Bring it on, it's time to put some more work in! 2012 is MY year! :)"

So there you have it, that's me in a nutshell. Anyways, don't be shy, feel free to say hi!

Replies

• ronniesgirl1982
    Options
    Hi there! Good luck on the weightloss! Feel free to add me and your girlfriend too :)
  • AshleyFizzle
    Options
    Hi Ryan!! I'm sorry about your ankle :( But i know you can do this! Its hard and ive given up a lot but i have also decided to make 2012 my year! I wish you luck and you can add me for support if youd like :)