Romantic Dinner...

Options
When you think of having a romantic dinner, what types of food do you picture yourself eating?

I ALWAYS picture Italian... I could probably blame Lady and the Tramp for that.

Replies

• AngieELS
    Options
    Italian or seafood! Both, really. I love pasta dishes with shrimp or scallops. :D
  • Sushi! It's good for everything that comes after the meal.
  • helenkayj
    helenkayj Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    mmm... I think of those things too BUT I don't like fish, thus the Italian!
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    Starter: Salad
    Main Course:Steak and Baked Potato (or mashed)
    Dessert: after that I never have room for dessert, but maybe something chocolate.
  • skjaramillo
    Options
    I totally agree with you! I blame Lady and the Tramp as well because I immediately thing of Italian too! :)
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    French.
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Foooood............of any kind........ and a bottle of wine..........:laugh:
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    steak or chicken with a rich sauce, roasted veggies.. and some super decidant dessert
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    im not a big fish lover but sushi doesnt really taste that fishy to me ...... strange
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Sushi! Or some kind of Thai food :)
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Prime Rib seasoned with a variety of spices, a rich demiglace enhanced with caramelized onions and garlic

Freshly steamed lobster-tail with a gardeny-herb butter compound melted on the tail, dusted with cayenne

A wild green mesclun style salad with yellow heirloom tomatoes, slivers of red onion and red peppers, english cucumbers dressed lightly with a lemon-basil dijon vinaigrette

Fresh baked italian bread lightly toasted with a spread of freshly made basil pesto, garnished with pignoli nuts and freshly chopped sun dried tomato for sweet and color, and a dusting of freshly grated parmesan - lightly broiled to get that nice toasty flavor.

He would have his favorite beer, I would have my favorite beer.

I prefer to be very detailed in the meals I cook and create.... and my husband always eats good!
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    cramernh - What time is dinner? I'll be right over!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    cramernh - What time is dinner? I'll be right over!

BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA....

Sorry, dinner for two only! Especially when its Prime Rib! That man of mine eats a FULL POUND on his own!
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Starter: Salad
    Main Course:Steak and Baked Potato (or mashed)
    Dessert: after that I never have room for dessert, but maybe something chocolate.

yes. yum!!
    I always bring home a piece of chocolate cake to share later on :)
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Not fancy but bison steaks and veggie kabobs over the campfire with a beer! Something my husband and I used to do before our son was born. It was always a good start to the night.