Brand new - review my Food log?

Options
Hi Guys,

I am brand new and just sorting this whole thing out. I have been logging everything religiously for the last week I have been on here. I would love to hear any suggestions, etc w/ my food log. Trying my best to fight temptation and exercise as much as possible. I am 5'8" and started at just over 200 lbs. (male).

Looking forward to sorting this whole thing out. I have found the boards very helpful and motivating!

Thanks,

Nick

Replies

• Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    You look like you're off to a great start! You might want to keep an eye on your sodium intake, though. On days when you go over you might have to drink more water to make sure you're flushing your system. Keep it up!
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I just quickly looked at your food log for today and good job! Keep it up!
  • duckpond11
    duckpond11 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Looks like your logging has been very thorough, that is great!

how has your weight loss been? If you are looking to make a change, I would say that you should increase protein and decrease your carbs. Maybe swap some of your crackers and other carby type snacks with more veggies to increase your veggie servings. Probably just getting more protein in would be the single most important thing you could do.
  • Kap10
    Kap10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert here an have only been here for around 15 days. But if you add me I'd be happy to help look at your diary

Kap
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    It looks awesome :) Only thing is your sodium was high but I'm sure you can see that yourself! Great start :)
  • Vkoons3
    Vkoons3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Also try drinking alot more water...I tend to eat alot of sodium but try to get in anywhere from 10-20 glasses of water everyday it seems to help alot and keeps me feeling full. Good luck
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Looks like you are off to a great start. It's well rounded and you have a good amount of veggies and protien.

I like how you have those little low calorie sweets in there. That will really help you keep the cravings at bay.

And don't sweat the sodium too much. I'm a sodium addict but I also drink at least a gallon of water a day. So just make sure your are getting your water in and you should be alright.
  • turbo1977
    Options
    Thanks all. I figured sodium would be an issue - that is why I decided to make it visable in my logging. I will keep an eye on it. I need to log my H20 better as well, that is the one area I don't chart that accurately.

I appreciate all the help!!