Scales are so stupid!

Options
Ive been weighing myself on digital scales at home. Yeah! They suck. They are wrong!!:grumble: I recently joined curves and there scales were 8 pounds more than the one I have at home. I was sad!:frown: But I weighed today (at curves) and ive dropped 4 pounds in 2 weeks. (and i moved this weekend, can you imagine the stress ive been under) Sooo... Im super excited!!:happy:

Anyway Hope everyone is having the same results this week. Good luck!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• blondie_girl14
    blondie_girl14 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I've had the same problem with my scale and the scale at the doctor. :noway:
    I'd say go by the scale you've always gotten on and at the beginning of your diet.
    The scale at my doctors says I weigh more, but I have always gone by the one at home...plus that one says I'm less :bigsmile:
  • babygrl80817
    Options
    yeah u know i agree with ya lol... doc ones i weighted more also, who knows.. but hope u keep loosing weight and feeling great!
  • mommybug77
    mommybug77 Posts: 19
    Options
    A lot of curves do not maintain their scales properly. They are also used by a number of people every day. I would not get discouraged by it. Congrats on your weight loss.
  • blondie_girl14
    blondie_girl14 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    even the doctor says the scale might be off or not calibrated properly!
  • JenniferMann24
    Options
    This is a new curves so I was thinking that they might be new scales but you never know. all I do know is that Ive dropped weight and Im glad cause Ive been workin my butt off.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Also, if anyone is like me, I weigh myself in the morning, butt naked:bigsmile: before I eat anything and after the powder room, which if you are weighed at the doc or curves would be with clothes on, maybe after you have eaten, retaining water, etc. So always keep that in mind to...:flowerforyou:
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    Don't forget that 4 lbs lost on one scale will be 4 lbs lost on another even if they have different starting and end points. Either way it is a great accomplishment! Way to go! :drinker:
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Also, if anyone is like me, I weigh myself in the morning, butt naked:bigsmile: before I eat anything and after the powder room, which if you are weighed at the doc or curves would be with clothes on, maybe after you have eaten, retaining water, etc. So always keep that in mind to...:flowerforyou:

yep, first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. the scale is relative, just use one scale as a source to track your weight loss.
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Since I can't go nekkid at the docs office :laugh: heck these days they won't even let me take my shoes off anymore - those and my clothes has to weigh at least 5 lbs:laugh: :blushing: :bigsmile: I go with the one that's the lowest AND I've often gotten obsessive getting off and on like two or three times, if it goes up within one second, I go with the first :happy: