Peanut butter junkies?

Options

Replies

• LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :blushing: Confession Time: I LOVE my Peanut Butter M & M Sandwich almost every night!!
    At least I'm using Wheat Bread and Dark Chocolate M & Ms!! So that is Healthy, right?!:wink:
  • jessebreanne
    Options
    Look on the Mother Earth News web site, they have the perfect peanut butter recipe! I too am a peanut butter junkie and this recipe has a little sweet, a little salty, like the middle of a Reeses Peanut Butter cup. The best part is that is super healthy for me and my kids. The recipe calls for 1 pound of roasted peanuts in the shell, but I use Planters pre-shelled roasted unsalted peanuts (on my Starfrit food scale 0.1200 of a pound shelled is the same as 1 pound in the shell). Enjoy.

Ingredients:

1 pound raw peanuts in the shells
    1 1/2 tsp sea salt
    1 tsp honey
    1 tsp molasses
    1 1/2 tbsp peanut oil

Instructions:

Roast peanuts according to the instructions in Easy Roasted Peanuts in the Shell Recipe. Opt for a longer roast if you want a robust, dark-roast-flavored peanut butter. Allow the peanuts to cool slightly before shelling and skinning them by rubbing them between your fingers. (A dry salad spinner can help make quick work of spinning off the skins . Spin about a cup of peanuts at a time.) Add the peanuts, salt, honey and molasses to a food processor and process for a couple of minutes, scraping the sides down every now and then. Continue to process as you slowly add the oil in a stream, until the mixture is fully blended and smooth. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It should last 2 to 3 months.

Read more: http://www.motherearthnews.com/real-food/homemade-peanut-butter-zmrz11zalt.aspx#ixzz1iGTx9otL
  • justanotherbrickinthewall
    Options
    Trader Joe makes the absolute best peanut butter ever. I like the creamy and crunchy unsalted kinds. I like that it tastes very nutty.
  • diamondcory
    Options
    :blushing: Confession Time: I LOVE my Peanut Butter M & M Sandwich almost every night!!
    At least I'm using Wheat Bread and Dark Chocolate M & Ms!! So that is Healthy, right?!:wink:

you lose 175 pounds...you can do whatever the hell you want!
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is like my crack.

That Jif Natural is where it's at!!!
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    One that lists only "peanuts" as the ingredients.

Pam
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    One that lists only "peanuts" as the ingredients.

Pam
  • SLT4273
    SLT4273 Posts: 56
    Options
    Add a teaspoon or two to vanilla yogurt... just saying, it's good!

Havent tried this yet. Sounds good.
  • natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Smooth Operator All Natural Peanut Butter. It is the best! I also buy Better than Butter when I want to reduce calories.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I'm hooked on either Jif Natural or Skippy natural...preferably the superchunk stuff. Yummo.
  • MaddameKat
    MaddameKat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm a whole earth Crunchy kinda girl and i have to have it everyday.. on apples/ carrot, in smoothies, in oatmeal. on finger/ spoon.
    I keep a jar on my desk at work and a cashew butter at home.
  • befitandhealthy
    befitandhealthy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I seriously cannot buy pb anymore. i can not limit myself. i eat like half a jar in a sitting. but some of my favorites are naturally more pb with flax....sooo good!
  • Gatorjrm
    Gatorjrm Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    OBSESSED with peanut butter, cashew butter, almond butter MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Right now I'm on a smuckers natural kick. You do have to keep it in the fridge but I learned a trick.. stir it the first time and then keep in your fridge upside down to prevent all the oil from rising to the top!

If you have a whole foods near you, you can grind your own fresh almond, cashew or peanut butter. So good
  • im obsessed w peanut butter too! ive never tried almond butter though! i bought smuckers natural and ugh i hated it!! i guess jif creamy is ok in moderation, its got 16 grams of fat and only 3 grams are saturated! i eat natures own whole wheat sugar free bread 1 slice with 2 tbsp of jif creamy pb& j everyday for a snack! its filling and for other snacks i eat baby carrots almonds and yogart as well! here is a great peanut butter recipe for a smoothie from CHALEAN EXTREME beachbody recipe book, tastes great,

1 cup of skim milk or soy milk
    1 tbsp of peanut butter
    1 scoop of whey vanilla chocolate protien powder
    ice to taste
    1 pk of spenda or stevia if desired

put in blender til frothy :) yum!
  • viever03
    viever03 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    One of my friends turned me on to something that SOUNDS weird, but is acutally really natural and tastes great, it's still peanut butter, it's just....dehydrated peanut butter. It's called PB2, and it's sold online or in some stores, you can find all of the information on their website: http://www.bellplantation.com/

This stuff is amazing, it's powder form so you just measure out two tablespoons of the peanut butter powder, and if you want spreadable peanut butter you add 1 tsp of water and mix....then you can make a sandwich or spread it on apples or crackers, whatever you want. OR you can mix it into recipes directly in powder form.

The best thing is that it's totally natural and the calories are crazy good....45 for two tablespoons!!! Considering what normal peanut butter is (200ish), it's pretty amazing. I will admit, it doesnt BEAT regular peanut butter, but it's pretty close and a lifesaver if you're a peanut butter junkie like my friend. I hope you guys will look it up, it's worth a look at least. :D
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I eat peanut butter almost daily. I used to buy the natural stuff because it's a healthier choice but I am a Skippy groupie and I buy that now because it's what I like (I buy the massive jars at Costco too!). I believe in eating what I like in moderation. When I eat pb I eat it this way (usually): 2 lightly salted rice cakes, 1 teaspoon of pb spread on each one, 10 mini chocolate chips on each rice cake (equal to 1 teaspoon of choc chips). Cals. 129!
  • Amanda0325
    Amanda0325 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Now I must go out and buy PB lol
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

you lose 175 pounds...you can do whatever the hell you want!

Right? First I read it and I was like "I don't know if that's smart eating.." Then I saw it was from a woman who has absolutely crushed it!!

If anyone needs me I'll be making a peanut butter and M&M sandwich...
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Jif Natural Creamy
  • dawnm92
    dawnm92 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Wild Harvest Organic Peanut Butter (available at Shop N Save in my area...don't know if you can get it other places). It is ONLY organic roasted peanuts. No salt. No sugar. No nasty palm oil. Nothing else added. Just organic peanuts.

I'm a peanut butter junkie for sure and I'm also a salt-lover so I was skeptical of whether or not I could handle a peanut butter with no salt. I was pleasantly surprised to find that this one has better flavor than most salted peanut butter I've ever tasted.

If you can get it, you should give that one a try! I rarely buy anything else now.