Anyone done a "foot detox bath"?

Options
Hey everyone,

I didn't really know which forum section to post this in... Has anyone done one of those foot detox baths? Living social has a deal for one in my area, and I've always wanted to try it out.... was just curious of your experience.

~Lindsay

Replies

• twilightsm
    Options
    I did one and it was crazy! It's like a foot soak with a giant metal sudzing ball in it and the water turns different colors depending on the toxins it sucks out. Mine turned this weird milky yellow color and my friends turned an almost redish black color.
  • LindsayAnderson2012
    Options
    Did you enjoy it? Did you feel any different, or not really? I've seen people doing them at the fair, the water looks gross, lol!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Now I've heard everything!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I thought it said food detox bath :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Sorry
  • LindsayAnderson2012
    Options
    Now I've heard everything!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I thought it said food detox bath :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Sorry

Haha... now that would be.... interesting
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I did one and it was crazy! It's like a foot soak with a giant metal sudzing ball in it and the water turns different colors depending on the toxins it sucks out. Mine turned this weird milky yellow color and my friends turned an almost redish black color.

LOL
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options

LOL

It's almost like mood water!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I've heard of them, and I think the concept is interesting and I would absolutely give it a try .... but don't kid yourself in to thinking this is actually removing a bunch of toxins from your body/curing ailments/making you skinny ... if anything, it's probably doing a damn good exfoliation on the nasty dead skin on your feet, and maybe pulling some oils out of your foot pores.
  • LindsayAnderson2012
    Options
    I've heard of them, and I think the concept is interesting and I would absolutely give it a try .... but don't kid yourself in to thinking this is actually removing a bunch of toxins from your body/curing ailments/making you skinny ... if anything, it's probably doing a damn good exfoliation on the nasty dead skin on your feet, and maybe pulling some oils out of your foot pores.

Well, I'm not specifically interested in it to 'get skinny', or even significantly detox my body really... I dunno.... just super interested in it for some reason. Wanted to know if anyone felt any different or better afterwards.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Scam. Here's a lovely You-tube video showing how the water changes colors even if your feet aren't in there - it's a chemistry trick to make the water look nasty so you think it's actually done something:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJNnTKw8-jE
    The video shows nicely how the discoloration is even emanating from the device itself.

And here's an article with a few references:
    http://www.devicewatch.org/reports/aquadetox.shtml
  • macklo
    macklo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I did them weekly for awhile, had a huge chunk of metal like stuff come out once, and a parasite !! freaked me completely out...
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Scamalicious.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I did them weekly for awhile, had a huge chunk of metal like stuff come out once, and a parasite !! freaked me completely out...
    Sounds like you were taken.

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you were taken.

Wait, wait .. .. the article says grease and fat particles may float on the surface of the water .... we already went over that whole 'pee out fat' thing ... this sounds legit!