Water Help!

Options
So last week i was drinking 10+ glasses a day of water and I lost a decent amount of weight and this week I've gained about a pound but I haven't been drinking as much as I was last week. I'm still getting the 8 glasses I should but I'm wondering if the extra 2-4 glasses is helpful? What do you guys think?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged. Your weight loss will slow no matter what you do, it's natural. The 8 glasses of water is a minimum.
  • ccinatl
    ccinatl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    drinking a lot of water will make your weight fluctuate a bit from day to day but i wouldn't say that missing the 2 extra glasses a day is causing the problem. it certainly doesn't hurt to have lots of water though.
  • blooomers
    blooomers Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have 2, 30 ounce bottles that i keep in the fridge. I keep crystal light in them. I know it helps me when there is a little bit of flavor thrown in there. I have been able to drink 3 bottles a day!
  • jrherman
    Options
    I was recommended to drink atleast half your body weight in oz of water.
  • iRun126
    iRun126 Posts: 31
    Options
    I am with you! I tend to drink 10-12 glasses per day. I find a good indicator is that if you are thirsty, it is too late! I also agree with the crystal light helping. I carry a nalgene water bottle around that has the "mio" flavoring in it. I highly reccomend because it tastes great and dissolves better than crystal light powder. I also reccomend not putting the full amount of mio suggested in your bottle. I find for a 32 oz. bottle, I only need one squirt. Good luck!
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I was recommended to drink atleast half your body weight in oz of water.

Yep, me too. And I started getting ionized water from my Chiropractor and I have started losing weight even better.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    One week is too small of a sample size to answer your question. There are so many factors that go into your scale weight. You could do the EXACT SAME THING week to week and NOT GET THE SAME SCALE RESULT. Just works that way sometimes.

speaking about water specifically, I'm in the group that believes drinking half your bodyweight in ounces each day is good...and then add 8 ounces for each 30 minutes you exercise and another 8 ounces for each 8 ounces of caffeinated beverage you drink.
  • Uhmanduh
    Uhmanduh Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    thanks guys!!! I'll keep these tips in mind for sure!!!!
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I was told to that everyone should drink half their weight in water daily, too. This is really hard for me since I don't like it. I just thought of a bright spot... the more weight I lose the less water I have to drink! :drinker:
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    the more weight I lose the less water I have to drink! :drinker:

Great motivation!!!
  • NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I use an app called "hydrate" that takes the guesswork out of drinking enough water. I drink 4 to 5 of my 16oz glasses of water per day.

Just remember that when you see people saying "8 glasses" they really mean "8 cups" (as in measuring cups) of water which is the standard suggested amount. You can fit 2 of those cups in a 16 oz tall tumbler type glass. I worry about people who don't realize this and try to drink 8 tall glasses rather than cups (and then get frustrated) because that's really more water than you need.

And yea I only count water, not tea or juice or anything else.

Not only does it help you lose weight it also lubricates your joints to be less creaky for exercise. :drinker:
  • just_a_southern_belle
    Options
    speaking about water specifically, I'm in the group that believes drinking half your bodyweight in ounces each day is good...and then add 8 ounces for each 30 minutes you exercise and another 8 ounces for each 8 ounces of caffeinated beverage you drink.

oh my gosh! I don't think I'll EVER be able to drink that much water. :(