Valentines 2012 - help please ladies :D

Options
ironanimal
ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
So I already have the expensive hotel and have planned trips into Central London, to shopping centres, zoos etc, but what would make a nice gift for my girlfriend at Valentines? Something material she can keep :)

Replies

• caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I did this for my guy - got the idea from Pinterest - make a book (go to craft store) and list 52 reasons why you love her. I made a page for each reason. Did it all on computer and printed in really cool font and put together. Doesn't have to be too fancy. A sample of some of my reasons:

- I love your brown eyes
    - You're a good listener
    - You're sexy in jeans & t-shirt

And some are totally lame like "He doesn't bother me while watching Greys Anatomy"! It was hard coming up with 52 but I managed. It was sweet and sentimental :)
  • knk121
    knk121 Posts: 26
    Options
    The best gift I ever got from a boyfriend was a necklace. My best friend told him that we were both reading a story that had a necklace with "J'aime et j'espere" on it, and I told her that I'd love to have one like it. So he went to a jeweler and had them engrave that on one side of a pendant and my initials on the other. It actually wasn't that expensive - maybe like $50.

Anyway, my advice is always to ask your girl's best friend what to get her.
  • mkitts2011
    Options
    Something sentimental is great. My boyfriend got me a necklace with the symbol for infinity on it,that was pretty much my favorite
  • ironanimal
    Options
    I was thinking something personal and jewellery is a good idea - bangles and rings are impossible because she has such tiny little wrists and her ring size is also very small. A necklace, I can do. I like the book idea too. Keep em coming :)
  • SAC0O3
    SAC0O3 Posts: 95
    Options
    Pffft if my husband did one of the things you just listed I would be happy!
    A neclase is always a good gift. I saw this thing in pinterest where you label 12 envelopes with months and in each envelope is a planned out date so you have a confirmed date each month
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    So I already have the expensive hotel and have planned trips into Central London, to shopping centres, zoos etc, but what would make a nice gift for my girlfriend at Valentines? Something material she can keep :)
    I'm confused is the trip and shopping for your mistress? Might be kind of hard to get away with that one no matter how much candy or how big of a diamond you get your GF.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Something material she can keep :)
    baby2.gif
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    baby2.gif
    Awwww a souveiner:happy:
  • Chrisborro
    Options
    baby2.gif

Haha the 18 year gift
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    A necklace sounds very sentimental and it's something she can show off to her girlfriends! And personally I'd be happy with everything you are doing for her!! What a great boyfriend! :smile:
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    baby2.gif

LOL!!!!!! :laugh:
  • ironanimal
    Options
    baby2.gif
    Discussed. At length. Off limits for a few years :p

@Scott613 - She's not a local to my area and she loves to shop, so it won't be (well not all) my money - she's just always wanted to go there.
  • MissOphelia
    Options
    As much as I like jewelry I have to say that it's common. Maybe you can get something that is from one of those stores that specially engraves things...a picture frame with a special picture of the two of you, maybe.
  • bouquet77
    bouquet77 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    buy her some flowers but in the centre place a fake or wooden flower and write a card that says something along the lines of for as long as one of these flowers survives i will always love you x x x x awwww !
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Is she crafty? Does she scrapbook? It sounds like you have the best day EVER planned. So, unless you are getting her an engagement ring, skip the jewelry, IMHO. Get her something where she can capture the memories of the day. Does she have a good camera? It you're doing zoo's, shopping, sightseeing, etc, a camera would be perfect because then you could both take tons of pictures throughout the day. if she's crafty and likes to scrapbook, buy her the stuff to make a book of the day. I love jewelry but I'd rather have something more personal and sentimental especially on a day like the one it sounds like you are planning. Wait, I take that back there is one other piece of jewelry I would say would be good. You could always do a charm bracelet and then each charm would be connected to the day. Start the day by giving her the bracelet with a heart charm. Then throughout the day give additional charms that correspond to that activity. The zoo = a charm of her favorite animal. Picnic lunch = picnic basket charm. Romantic dinner = bottle of wine charm. Shopping = stiletto shoes or purse charm. The list of possible charms is endless.
  • Krystal924
    Krystal924 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    We always write each other a love letter. A new one each year. We are normally working on Valentines Day so never anytime to go out or anything. :) I read them over and over throughout the year.