Appetizers?

Options
So I am making a little personal cookbook for myself and would love to get some appetizer/snack recipes I find it easier for my goal if I have something like this to go off of and then I have no excuse to not cook at home! anything would be helpful!

Replies

• shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    Stuffed Mushrooms

1 container button top mushrooms
    1/2 brick of reduced fat cream cheese (neufatel), let stand at room temp to soften up
    3 slices bacon
    fresh garlic
    salt and pepper to taste

Take stems off of mushrooms and set the mushrooms tops aside to fill later. Chop up the stems. Fry bacon in a pan,(I always cut up my bacon in to small pieces before I fry it so I do not have to crumble it after. ) When the bacon is almost all the way fried add in the fresh garlic to your taste, and add in the chopped stems until they are tender (only about a couple minutes). Add salt and pepper, bacon, stem, garlic mix all to the cream cheese and mix well. Stuff into mushroom tops and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 - 25 minutes.

***I will most of the time drain the bacon, stem, garlic mixture before I add it to the cream cheese, but it does not have to be done.

In order to make them even less in calories, I am sure you could always use fat free cream cheese and turkey bacon, but I have never tried them like that.

The dietary information you can get by using the recipe builder tool. When I made them I am pretty sure they were 20 calories apiece, but I would think that would depend on how many mushrooms you use.
  • dmcklouky
    dmcklouky Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Great idea, I have been copying recipes I find on here to a word document. I really wish they had a link where we could search and upload recipes... that would make this site complete.... I get together with a group of friends every Tuesday night and am looking for low cal appetizers too. Here is a link to a rainbow fruit kebab.... I have also just made the rainbow fruit plate looks beautiful for guests
    http://www.ehow.com/list_6115834_fruit-platter-ideas.html