hello!

Options
hello all! I recently lost 20 pounds on weight watchers but wanted to switch to counting calories rather than points. I have a question though- are we supposed to eat the extra calories added onto our daily target from exercise?

thanks!

Replies

• Hermit4Hire
    Hermit4Hire Posts: 197
    Options
    This will answer your question (in detail--hope you have an hour to read):happy:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    This is a controversial subject but you should eat at least some of them back. MFP already takes into account the calorie deficit needed to reach your weekly goal.

I plan my exercise in advance and thus increase my calorie intake throughout the day so I don't have quite so much to eat for dinner.

I also lost weight on weight watchers before coming here. :happy:
  • smg1010
    smg1010 Posts: 21
    Options
    thank you so much hermit4hire!
  • 2markia
    2markia Posts: 5
    Options
    Hello, I am new to this. How long did it take you to lose 20lbs? How did you do it?
  • Hermit4Hire
    Options
    Hello, I am new to this. How long did it take you to lose 20lbs? How did you do it?

Hi 2markia. I started using this site March16, so it's been about 6 weeks. I work out 4-5 days a week using strength (weights for all body parts for 30-45 mins) and cardio for 45 mins (spin class, elliptical, and I do a 5 mile hike every Sunday). I typically eat about 1/2-3/4 of my exercise calories and it's worked so far, another 20 to go by the end of summer I hope.
  • Hermit4Hire
    Options
    thank you so much hermit4hire!

Anytime, SubMachineGun (SMG..) :wink:
  • smg1010
    smg1010 Posts: 21
    Options
    It took me around 3 months to lose 20 pounds (and I used weight watchers), and I was in my last semester of college so it was even harder. But eventually just got into an exercise routine and I am much more knowledgeable about nutrition and portion control. Now I feel comfortable to do this on my own and continue, although now the weight is not coming off as fast.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site. I do. This site is so motivational, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so great here. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: