Easy tone shoes are they for real?

Options
Any opinions on Reebok's easy one shoes? Claim to tone your butt and calves more.... They actually did an electronic study with people on a teadmill hooked up to sensors and showed that he Glute muscles had 28% more activity and the calves 11%. I've been told there are knock off brands as well?

Replies

• CourteneyLove
    CourteneyLove Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    every now and again i'll walk in my easy tones on a 15% incline.. the next day i usually see a little more definition in my legs. they may not work for everyone, but they do for me. i even wear them when i shop sometimes
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I got the Sketchers ones because they were on sale for less than regular sneakers. I don't think they do anything. But they're reasonably comfortable.
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I bought some because someone told me they helped with their arch pain.(I was having painful arch issues at the time. All I had to do was realize that i'd been wearing flip flops for 2 months straight and THAT WAS THE ISSUE!) Anyway, I got them, and they KILLED my lower back and hips, so I no longer wear them. I have the Sketchers ones.
    Take the money and buy some free weights or a resistance band or something useful.
  • chefkev
    chefkev Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have the sketches. I wear them because they are comfotable. No real benefit, but being on my feet all day, they are really easy on the feet and ankles!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Rubbish.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Yeah -- there is a reason that these things are always on clearance everywhere.
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    I think they look funny but I own 2 pairs of five finger shoes so what do I know?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Reebok paid out $25 million is a class action lawsuit ...... I'm guessing the answer to your question is no.
  • ldmc1982
    Options
    I would guess that one could walk around in good supportive shoes and add ankle weights and get the same effect. No scientific proof just putting it out there
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    It was a total con, which cost them a fortune and a big dent in their reputation. I'm amazed to hear they're still on sale.

Many people fell for it, don't join them.

And while I'm handing out glib advice, stop looking for easy answers. There aren't any. :bigsmile:
  • makaylaeakes
    Options
    Actually they are in a lawsuit right now, because they falsely claimed those statistics without proof. They are settling and reimbursing people their money. You should google it. I have a pair and they are very comfortable, but I haven't noticed any difference whatsoever. So based on the lawsuit and current information, no they are not "real".
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair cause there were on sale and really needed shoes..not sure if they work or not..I figure they can't hurt
  • Candy42adore
    Candy42adore Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I got some for xmas and almost returned them thinking it was rubbish however decided to give it a wirl and have noticed a difference and so has the hubby:blushing: Not sure if its the shoes or the increased workout
  • myoldselfback
    myoldselfback Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks I've heard that too. Wish i had the money not their yet! LOL
  • myoldselfback
    myoldselfback Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply, I seem to get a 50/50 positive and negative
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply, I seem to get a 50/50 positive and negative
    Look at what people are actually saying, rather than adding up the yes / no posts.

Reebok have admitted that their claims were unsubstantiated, and they are now having to pay a massive compensation payout to their customers.

What else do you need to know?

A massive corporation doesn't make those sorts of payouts unless it has no choice.

Do you really put that solid fact (ie Reebok themselves saying "no they're not for real, we lied to our customers") on an equal basis of a few people on here saying they think they're okay?