First weekend on MPF- I need your top 3 tips to survive thi

Options
hey guys- this is my first week where I tracked all my calories on MPF and with the weekend just a few hours away I need all the help I can get! Please give me any advice or tips you have for the weekend- where I have no structure and lots of social gatherings. I'm allllll ears!!!!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Weekends are always tough. You just have to always think before you reach, log on no matter how bad you are and don't ever say the hell with it.
  • Nicci93
    Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Since its easy to book your night full of fun times with friends, its good to try and get in a really good workout early! It starts the day strong, and its a good motivator to eat healthy (cause you don't want to waste that effort you put in already). Also, if you go out to eat, try and plan just how many drinks and items off the menu you are going to get. So I say I am going to get two lemonades or whatever, so I make sure I log it before I even drink them so that I am held accountable. And it means you don't have to waste time while you are out with friends to count calories (I know that annoys my friends when I do!)
  • kimray75
    kimray75 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Weekends have always been tough for me as I do tend to go a little overboard.

What I am going to try to do this weekend is drink lots of water (which I lack on weekends) and do some intentional exercise (which I also often lack) and maybe even some EXTRA intentional exercise.

Also, on weekends, I tend to eat out once or twice. I am going to try to make healthier choices. I will look at the menu BEFORE I go and make a decision prior to going.

We shall see how that works. I have done so well all week. I don't want to blow it now. I think planning ahead is key......

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    This is what works for me.

Gum is awesome when you are craving something sweet.
    Don't tell yourself anything is off-limits, just make sure you monitor what you eat.
    Try to fill up on fruits and veg
    Restaurants HAVE to provide you with nutritional value. Ask for it and stick to it.
  • indigochilds
    indigochilds Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    1. Stock up on nuts and dried fruits.
    2. Get a digital scale and measuring cups
    3. Plan your meals ahead of time and make your lunches before you go to work
  • usafbeach
    usafbeach Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Get your workouts in early so they're out of the way and won't be preempted by social activities.

Or, plan the weekend around a workout (I'm taking a few buddies hiking all day tomorrow) :-)