FREEZING after exercise

Options
I dress lightly to run, I sweat a lot and get super hot during my runs. When I get home and cool down I go to the other extreme, litteraly shaking I'm so damn cold. I got some warm up suits and have started to bundle up when I get in the door, drink my water. But once I'm cool I get freezing still. Any insight as to why this is happening and how I can stop it? The only thing that helps is a HOT shower then 3 layers of clothes after.

Replies

• cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Same thing happens to me. The body seems to be efficient at cooling the body. Plus I have less blubber to keep me warm.
  • cakeums
    cakeums Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    What kinds of clothes are you wearing to work out in? Stay away from cotton, it doesn't wick the moisture and you will be freezing after you sweat your butt off.
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I would get the sweaty clothes off asap, and drink your glass of water as the water is warming up for your shower. I know I always get super cold if I stay in my workout clothes, even if I think I didn't sweat very much.
  • Lolamako
    Lolamako Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have the same "problem" ; usually my clothes are still damp/wet and wicking heat away. I usually take a shower, but drinking hot tea always works wonders. If hot tea will warm me up after being in the 52 degree ocean for three hours then it'll work after I run :) Curious to hear what others have to say, as I am too lazy to google it.
  • rmwinters
    rmwinters Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    When I am done with my workout I do cool down quite a bit, but not to the extreme you explained. I'm not a Dr. or anything, but my first guess would be a drop in blood pressure????? Hope you find a resolution to your problem.
  • mnec2010
    mnec2010 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    This happens to me too!!! Im always on the chilly side, but after working out there is not enough clothes in my wardrobe to keep me warm!
  • whoosh1
    whoosh1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Remove sweaty clothes, hot tea and electric blanket.
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    This happens to me after I go ice skating, and used to happen to me when I used to run in the winter. The only thing that seems to help is to get out of my workout clothes as soon as possible, take a hot shower, and dry my hair so my head's not wet. Then comes the hot tea and a blankie!
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    For me it is all about getting enough water; before, during and after exercise. If I am not properly hydrated I can't get out of the freezer after exercise, but if I am properly hydrated I barely notice a change in temperature.
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys I'll try some of the suggestions. I wear moisture wicking clothes when I run and always take them right off as they stink after.