McDonald's warning label

Options
In California McDonald's is now required to put a warning label on their food.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/danielp25/mcdonalds-cancer-warning-labels-4o8x

Replies

• JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    California puts these labels on EVERYTHING. Before everyone goes on an " oh my god I ate a big Mac once and now I probably have cancer" rant

My heart rate monitor had a thing saying "California has found that something in this product causes cancer" in Highschool art class the glue we used had this label. I've seen other things too... I think since they don't know what exactly causes cancer, they just slap the label on everything.
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    i just found this out and thought it was interesting
  • slemington
    Options
    eeewwwwweeeeeeee.

Ever seen a picture of chicken nuggets raw???? I have in a magazine, it is like a green gooey paste, yyyuuuuccckkkkkyyyy.....
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Oh. Definitely. I did too, I just wonder why only California seems to be doing this.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,282 Member
    Options
    Oh. Definitely. I did too, I just wonder why only California seems to be doing this.

Because of what you said before... California makes you put warning labels on everything! They have the strictest laws anywhere when it comes to health and safety. It can even be to the point of overkill though and some of it is ridiculous.
  • mammafrog
    mammafrog Posts: 176
    Options
    I like in Texas and was concerned when I first saw one of these labels and then found out they put them on everything.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the label (I don't live there), but if you youtube it, you can find a months' old McDonald's burger and fries just sitting out on someone's shelf and it NEVER rots. That tells you right there, it probably isn't the best thing to injest.
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Our state's politics are interesting no doubt! Most of the time I tend to think that smart folks don't eat out! (McDonald's or other wise)

:smokin:
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I am a native Californian.

That being said, I found it hilarious to live in Virginia and purchase something that met the CA State Standards for flammability.

:bigsmile:

I figure we are just more aware of the dangers of random ****e here.