Wants to recalculate my nutritional values?!

Options
Hello everybody,

I’m happy to say that after using this product for about a month I’ve lost 11 pounds of fat! About a month and some change before I started using MFP I weight about 258. I trimmed down to 245 by the time I started with MFP by working out and lost 11 pounds since I added it! When I put in my weight for today MFP told me that they recommend recalculating my nutrition and work out goals to match my new weight because I lost 10 or more pounds. The problem is I have the “if it’s not broke don’t fix it, because you might break it” syndrome so I don’t know if that recalculating will be a good thing. Will it also recalculate my calorie intake as well? Here’s the thing, I have my whole family on MFP and they are all losing weight, and my saying to them is always “trust the system!”, So do I continue to practice what I preach or stay with the nutrition I have for a while and see what happened with my weight? Please help, Thanks.

Replies

• jennywren1971
    jennywren1971 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My understanding is that the bigger you are the more calories you need to survive because it takes more energy for your body to do stuff. As you get smaller you require less calories to do the same stuff.

So I would go with the recalculation.

Oh and by the way well done on the weightloss so far.
  • mwilke
    mwilke Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Good job so far!! I would say that if you tell your family to trust the system, you should do the same. I have lost about 14-15 lbs, and had the same thing happen when I lost 10. However, I didn't question it. Blind faith?? At any rate, I reduced my caloric intake as was suggested and am still losing, so I know that the system does work.
  • howard62us
    Options
    Thanks For the Help!!! I'll recalculate it and keep on loosing the weight!