Addicted to this Site

Options
Kissybiz
Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
I haven't gotten a thing done most of the day today reading message boards, etc.. I haven't been on this site for very long, but I think I'm gonna need a 12 step program and a straight jacket pretty soon so I can get some work done!!!! Anyone else suffering from the same disorder?

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I definitely spend more time in here than I should. But it is keeping me focused on my food and exercise, so I can't complain about it too much.
  • ReverendJim
    ReverendJim Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I check it a lot. Making new contacts and even a few budding friendships. And it's doing me a world of good, too. But I still have to duck back to Facebook every now and then so I can get poked!
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I check it a lot. Making new contacts and even a few budding friendships. And it's doing me a world of good, too. But I still have to duck back to Facebook every now and then so I can get poked!

Get poked??? lol... I'm gonna leave that one alone!
  • laporter62
    laporter62 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    i have also become addicted
    the support is great and i look forward to the posts and the blogs - they are inspirational
    i have been at work cleaning up, painting and rearranging the office before we reopen on Monday after the xmas break
    but i keep loggin on every couple of hours
    i am at work at the moment and obviously have logged on to get updated
    wont be able to as much next week as i am back at work and have a lot to do
    Talk soon
  • oliviaseward
    oliviaseward Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    im in the same boat... but honestly there are a lot worse things to be addicted to!
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I have been hopelessly addicted since starting back at the beginning of the year. I've been making much more use of the social aspects of this site and realizing how powerful friends here can be, strangers or not. Its made it a lot more fun.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, started slow but spend waaaayyy to much time here.
  • kristikay52
    kristikay52 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    YES, YES, YES!! It might replace my previous addiction to Facebook. But at least we can get great tips, motivation, and meet good people here!
  • imjessly
    imjessly Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I've hardly logged into facebook at all now. MFP is definitely a more positive environment :)
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    my facebook friends are asking me where i been lol
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I've hardly logged into facebook at all now. MFP is definitely a more positive environment :)

Bingo.... positivity... that's what makes it so great.
  • stwalsh226
    Options
    Agreed!!! At least this site is keeping me focused and motivated. I'm so easily distracted from my goal and then when I try to go back to it, I've lost all my motivation. At least this site, makes me feel better instead of worse.
  • jddicarlo
    jddicarlo Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Yes - I have been spending much more time on here lately than on Facebook. Constantly checking posts, etc.
  • mightymom2
    mightymom2 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    facebook is a once a week log in for me, MFP is everyday for a good cause
  • Bucifan202
    Options
    I check in alot on here looking fornew friends looking to lose weight and help others this i a fun site
  • ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Lmao, i'm in the same boat! I don't know how i'm going to cope with going back to school. I'm on here for hours on end!
  • 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    Yes have been addicted since July... and loving it! :drinker:
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm spending way too much time on here. I work from home and I haven't been getting much work done lately. I may need to block myself from this site!