Too few calories or just right?

Options
okay, I try to do exercises at least 5x a week and most of the time with my calorie intake I am under like 200 - 900 but I've eatin 1200 calories. I feel like I'm eating way to much and I wont lose any wieght if I eat all the calories that I'm supposed to...I know MFP gives you the deficient you need but I'm just really confused on this....will someone tell me what to do?

Please feel free to open my diary and look, I really wanna lose the wieght and do it the right way.

I am set to lose 2 lbs a week, my daily intake is supposed to be 1630 cals a day. I am 277 lbs and 5'11''.

I will do exercises and my cal burned says 300 extra calories at times so am I supposed to eat 1930 cals that day? or just to the 1630?

Replies

• hollyinPR
    hollyinPR Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I might not be much of a help here, as I'm a newbie just figuring all this stuff out too. But here are two guidelines I go by (and btw, I'm currently 271 and 5'9", so pretty close in body makeup to you!):

1 - Don't ever eat less than 1,000 calories...that'd be far too few. My calorie intake is generally between 1200-1500, even though MFP gives me up to 1,660 before exercise. If you are eating healthy and feeling satisfied, I'd think that the occasional lower calorie days are fine (as long as they stay above 1,000!!)

2 - I don't ever eat my exercise calories. For example, today I did Zumba and burned 400 calories. Those 400 were added to my food calorie allowance, but I completely ignored that. Technically it'd be okay if you did eat your workout calories, b/c the way MFP figures it, you can do that and still come out with the loss you want each week. But I figure I'm working out to help me lose weight and get in shape, so unless it is a special occasion, I'm not going to eat my workout calories.