Injury

Options
I hurt my ankle exercising a few days ago and it's still bothering me. Any tips on a remedy to speed up recovery? Also I need some ideas on what I can do for cardio? I cant' do much with the bummed ankle.... :(

Replies

• mrskesler
    mrskesler Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have a wrecked ankle. I wear an Aso brace. When it really flares up, I like to swim.
  • jenlb99
    jenlb99 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Honestly, use it. "Babying" it will only make it worse. I recommend walking. Go slow, don't over-do it, but get moving.

I sprain my ankles often, and that's what works for me. Get yourself a brace, and when it's healed, do ankle-building exercises to prevent re-injuring them.
  • Jesung
    Jesung Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    RICE it (rest, ice, compression, elevation) and move around once you can tolerate the pain, get some blood flowing.
  • TeddyBear47
    TeddyBear47 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    d
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I tend to have bum ankles (I've sprained my ankle while sitting, no joke), so I rely on keeping dumbbells nearby and doing crunches when I gimp myself. Swimming's fantastic, especially for scissor kicks when ankles are a drag.
  • helloburger
    helloburger Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I agree with the RICE - as I injured my shoulder and I done this, I basically pulled/over used a tendon.
    if you want to do cardio, boxing is great, stand in a boxing stance, do fast punches for 30 seconds rest for 10 then repeat! :)
  • vlwallace87
    vlwallace87 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've been resting it some. I have to stand on my feet for 8 hours at work and do a lot of squatting to the floor,so I think that kept it from healing quicker. I've been off for two days so it feels tons better. I'm gonna see how it does with exercise tomorrow. Slow and easy. I have been doing some punches and upper body stuff for cardio. I'm surprised that I still lost 4 pounds over the last 2 weeks. I chalk it up to eating healthier as well. :)