Off topic question for moms in here

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
I had a c-section 16 months ago but I still get a "phantom" type pain now and then. I mean, it's REAL but not bad. Like a little pulsing feeling here and there. Is that normal???

Also, the dang area on my back where my epidural was itches still!! Drives me crazy sometimes!!! Weird!

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I had a c-section 16 months ago but I still get a "phantom" type pain now and then. I mean, it's REAL but not bad. Like a little pulsing feeling here and there. Is that normal???

Also, the dang area on my back where my epidural was itches still!! Drives me crazy sometimes!!! Weird!
  • kaarens
    kaarens Posts: 27
    Options
    I have had 3 c-sections and my last one was in 2004 I still sometimes get those pains right where the incision is I know if I strain to much in the bathroom I can really feel it I never had a problem with the epidural site itching I know after I had my last C-section I got cellulitis in my incision site and had to be on antibiotics but that was it and after 2 days of Iv therapy I was ok Hope you feel better:smile::smile: :smile: :smile:
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have had two c-sections and I still have an area on my scar that bothers me when I touch it. It is sensitve. I heard this is prettty common.
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I've had three kids but had them all vaginally so not sure about the c-section but I remember my sister saying her back was always itchy right around where she had her epidural as well. (not only did I have my kids vaginally but also never used any pain meds either) My sister had bad backaches for a long time after too. Hope this helps her dr. told her it was normal.
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    No C-Section, but I did have surgery several years ago on my lower abdomen. The incision area still gets itchy now & then... at first the doctor said it was my nerves healing but, I never did get all of the feeling back.
  • sarahebeling
    Options
    I have had two c-sections and every once in awhile I can be doing something -- playing with the kids, laundry-- whatever, and my scar will bother me!

I think it is something that a lot of women get from having those muscles cut!

Hope it gets better for you!
  • elatoria
    elatoria Posts: 30
    Options
    i did have a csection 9 months ago, and the scar does bother me sometimes. i think that is a common problem. not sure about the epidural spot though. i never had a problem with that.
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I had a c-section almost 4 years ago - no problem with the scar. But where I had my appendix and gall bladder removed in 1989 will sometimes still bother me!! LOL Kinda of weird what the body does, isn't it. I haven't had problems at the epidural site but know a few people who say that place itches sometimes. Guess it's pretty normal. :smile:
  • LaRon
    LaRon Posts: 17
    Options
    I have had 3 c-sections...the last one was about 5 months ago...it still bothers me...my mother's last c-section was about 25 years ago, when she had my little brother...the incision area still bothers her as well.
  • karilynn
    karilynn Posts: 87
    Options
    i had c section 12 yrs ago, and i still get the odd discomfort from it..i don't think it ever goes away! if you are in alot of pain i would see the doctor.0