I'm new here; hello!

I've just signed up on MyFitnessPal. However, this is one of MANY websites that I have signed up on in the past to try and lose weight. It seems to follow that I work diligently for a few days, get upset by the fact that I feel no different (impatience is a problem, people), and then quit.

So I'm trying something different. Every time I sign up on a website like this, I prefer to go it alone. You know, just log my food and exercise and log off. Clearly, it's not working for me, and we all know that the definition of madness is trying something over and over and expecting different results. So, I'm putting myself out there and hoping that I can find people who can encourage me to keep going, and in return, I can do the same for them. I've realized that I need a support system in order to reach my goals.

A bit about me: I'm 20 years old, 5'7'', and 193 pounds. I used to be 195, went to fat camp, lost 30 pounds, and stayed at a (relatively) comfortable 160 for three years. All of a sudden, the weight is back on. And it's hard, because I've no idea how it occurred. I want to get back to 160, maybe even 150.

Any help would be appreciated! I'd love to meet some people here.

Thanks for reading.

Replies

• _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Welcome to the forums!

I think the best thing to do is become religious about recording your food, and also become involved in the forums. Post daily, make friends, it will develop some accountability
  • So I've been playing with the app on my phone for awhile now but I really got back into this whole thing about 2 weeks ago, this is my first time checking out the forum. I too have the bad habit of going strong for a bit then falling off the wagon so I am looking for some like minded individuals to keep me on track as well.

My name is Amanda. I am 24yo. I am currently 202.5 5'6. I started counting calories last year around this time and lost 12lbs, I kept off 8lbs of it over the year. I am hoping to stick this out until I reach around 170 at least if not 160. I have a looong road ahead of me but I am pretty determined, and determination is half of the battle. Now to get a routine down lol . Have a good day !
  • timmymon
    timmymon Posts: 304 Member
    Feel free to add me!
  • Romz86
    Romz86 Posts: 2
    Hey there :)

Just like you i have recently signed up into MFP and have been spending the last 10days logging on filling my food intake and exercise activity and then logging off.

9 months ago i moved to another country. With no family and friends around, i got used to several bad habbits some of which are constant dining out and ordering in alongside constant laziness. So i gained around 25 pounds in a very short period.

My name is Romy. I'm 25 years old. I started off at 184.8lbs my goal is to reach 140pounds in around 4months.Hope i succeed. Just 10 days here on MFP have motivated me to lose 5.5lbs. It's a satisfying start!

It's been a good daily diary, but it needs a bit more aliveness. Meeting people here and supporting them while they encourage me to overcome the struggles is highly important. So i too am taking the iniative to put myself out there and meet fellow healthy lifestyle seekers.

Hope you reach your goals.

Take care, & goodluck.
  • I know how you feel!! We are the same height, around the same age, and around the same starting weight. If you like we can add each other as friends and perhaps it will help motivate us both! Good luck to you :-)
  • Don't go it alone; friends, when doing something like this, is an amazing thing to have when it comes to having support! Just try and record everything you eat and do exercise everyday!
    If you need support, feel free to add me!
  • dramajaxs
    dramajaxs Posts: 4 Member
    :glasses: well a friend hooked me up with this app so here i go, iv done the drastic with bypass surgery and lost 100 and now 9 years later iv gained 50 back:( no one to blame but myself. Food is my choice of drug and my worst enemy. Need motivation, realistic goals and WILLPOWER.
  • dramajaxs
    ok how do i add u? i know im slow but work with me
  • dramajaxs
    how do i add u
  • I just added you, dramajaxs!
  • Hello everybody, just joined 2 days ago and at the beginning of my weightloss journey! Feel free to add me and looking forward to all the great support and returning the support to others! Gonna make it happen this time!