breakfast

Options
I love a good breakfast and love eggs. Does anyone have any good recipes for breakfast with eggs? Thanks!

Replies

• angdan31
    angdan31 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Check out Hungry Girl's Egg Mugs. Lots of variety...http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1499
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I do this every morning and love it, it's less than 200 cal:

Serving size of turkey sausage (I've used turkey Lil' Smokies, turkey kielbasa, turkey sausage crumbles, but a measured serving size). Either heat in a saucepan or stick in a bowl.

Add a big bunch of fresh organic baby spinach, a huge handful. Wilt in saucepan or stick on top of the turkey in your bowl.

Add 1/2 Cup of Egg Beaters and a serving of fat-free feta cheese.

Cook--either in your saucepan or microwave your bowl for a few minutes.

It's wonderful, I never tire of it.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    2 eggs or egg beater equivalent
    1 Tbls sundried tomatoes
    1 Tbls real bacon pieces
    1 Tsp light margerine
    1 slice full fat american cheese
    2 Banderita small corn tortilla's

Heat the Tsp margerine in a saute pan with the bacon pieces and tomatoes. Whisk the eggs with the cheese. Pour over the bacon and tomatoes and scramble to your desired firmness. Season to taste. Serve on the two corn tortillas. 292 calories if using egg beaters. These are delicious:bigsmile:
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I just throw a handful of stuff in the frying pan (healthy bits like sliced mushroom and tomato mind, no bacon sadly, though of course you can add whatever, including bacon if it takes your fancy... the other day I used a pre-cooked low fat sausage and sliced it up to chuck in - basically this recipe is a good way for using up leftovers!) > I only use a bit of water to keep the pan lubricated, no oils.

Then use 1 whole egg, add a splash of milk (pref low fat of course!), whisk it up, add a dash of pepper then dump it into the pan on top of the other bits n bobs. Let it cook for a couple of minutes, then take the pan and place it under the grill to finish cooking it from the top. Easy quick omlette-esque meal, and low calorie too! (this mornings brunch calculated at less than 200 cals, including a squeeze of ketchup on the side!) Tasty, filling, satisfying, and quick to make :)
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I love eggs too. Lately I've been sauteeing some dark leafy greens (spinach, chard, etc) until wilted, then pour beaten eggs (or whites) over top and add some seasoning, and bits of goat cheese. Cook until the top of the omelet is set, then eat! Similar recipe to CarlydogsMom.

I also like baked crustless quiche cups, not sure of the exact recipe but basically it's egg beaters with diced bell peppers, spinach, shredded low-fat mozzarella and ham/turkey/bacon bits if you want, baked in a muffin tin until set. So good with Franks red hot sauce! I think it's a south beach diet recipe.
  • jerusalem77
    Options
    Thank you all Its good to know I've done essentially the same. 1 egg small hand full of left over chicken or turkey etc., adding spinach, mushrooms small amount of diced onions. The corn tortilla is good idea to change it up. Are there any other ideas aside from eggs?