Green Beans Ideas?

Options
Any ideas what to do with green beans? I got lots of organic green beans and I’m not very good in using those; ok putting those to the flying pan with some olive oil and garlic or steaming those quickly for a salad but what about something else?

Replies

• Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Eww, step away, they're horrible lol :sick: :laugh:
  • GretaJane
    GretaJane Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Buy some black bean sauce and stir fry them with it! Yum!
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
  • richelle67
    Options
    I personally am not a green bean fan. But have found awesome recipes on skinnytaste.com .It is my second favorite website to be on besides MFP!!Good luck!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I love green beans.

Steam them, then toss them in a little olive oil and lemon, and mix them with some roasted nuts or seeds.

Make a three bean salad, mixing them with kidney beans, butterbeans and onion and raw pepper, and tossing them in a balsamic dressing.

They're nice steamed and chilled in any salad.

I add them to stews.

They're great, sliced lengthways, in any stirfry.

They're nice in a thai style or korma style curry (one of the creamier curries.)

They're just nice in most things, really.
  • crisnis
    crisnis Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I like to sautee them with lemon pepper seasoning.. yummy!
  • kir911
    kir911 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    you can send me some of your green beans! LOL They are expenisve here right now and are my fav veggie!!
  • mdebbie1026
    mdebbie1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    A little olive oil , some grape or cherry tomatoes, and some basil:-) chopped up, warm all this in a sauce pan pour onto warmed greenbeans, toss gently and enjoy! Google green beans and cheery tomatoes for original recipe I believe is in allrecipes.com. it calls for butter but EVOO works as well. It also calls for sugar but I omit that.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    oh that reminds me - beans and pesto with pasta. Very yummy. Especially if you make the pesto fresh yourself.
  • madbatts
    madbatts Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My answer to (almost) any veggie-stump? BAKE IT! A quick spray of Olive Oil nonstick spray, lightly coat with Tony-C's (Cajun spice found in almost every store, not very hot, mostly salt, pepper and paprika) or season to taste, and bake 'em - they are great! If you have the calories, sprinkle with freshly grated parm/romano cheese, but straight is just fine.

Lucky you for having an excess of organic veggies!

- MadArt
  • ShellsMurphy78
    ShellsMurphy78 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i buy canned green beans. drain the water from the can. rinse the beans. put in pot with one can of water. add 1 chicken or beef bullion cube. 1 tablespoon butter. 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder to the mix. cook on med heat for 10-15 mins. yummy! cheap, easy and fast.