I spent way too long on this, hope you read it :-D

Options
I'm 29, from Arkansas (Woo Pig Sooie!), and looking to lose a very significant amount of weight. I'd like to find a good support system of friends on here to help me do this and to also give me people to root for! I'm a good friend to anyone, but I think it would be especially fun if I could find some people with common interests, similar situations, or just people who live in cities/countries I love. So here is a big list of things that describe me. If any of this sounds like you, or you just need some motivation from a positive person, add me!

I love dressing up whether it's Halloween or not, especially when May rolls around, and it's time for theRennaisance Faire!! (yes, THAT was the first thing that came to mind about myself)

I'm a teacher. (yes, my career came second to my love of the Ren Faire, lol)

I love Canadians! I'm really a Haligonian at heart. :-)

I'm a history buff, trivia enthusiast, and many other kids of a nerd and proud of it.

I'm a karaoke superstar!

I like to dance when I'm happy!

I think a board game night is a pretty awesome way to spend the evening.

I love Boston. I'd live there if I could afford it. Salem was great, too!

I love musical theater.

I understand the difference between "your" and "you're" and other basic rules of grammar.

I enjoy frequent visits to Branson, Missouri.

I am a big Cheap Trick fan.

I love pirates, mermaids, and anything fantastically awesome.

I would love to visit New Zealand.

Well, that's a pretty decent list to start out. Good luck on all of your goals, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Replies

• cerrajean
    cerrajean Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    This is my best friend. She's pretty cool. Even though I'm in California - You can add either of us cuz we're pretty awesome. :)
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Howdy and welcome to MFP!

I liked your list, it amused me. So let's see how I break down into your list.

I used to love to cosplay (dressing up when it's not Halloween) and I freaking love the Ren Faire! Although where I'm from it's held in October because it's the cooler months.

I used to want to be a teacher and even went to school for it for a little bit but then realized it's just not for me.

My stepdad is Canadian.

I love history when presented in an interesting manner. My 11th grade U.S. History teacher was the best one I ever had.

While I enjoy singing, I'm not into performing - even at the karaoke level. I gave it a try and I'm just too shy for it to be for me.

Dance is quite awesome.

I play LIFE with my 5 year old at least once a day. She tends to beat my butt in amazing ways at that game.

I've never been to Boston.

I've also never seen any musicals live but thanks to Glee (yeah I'm a Gleek) I've grown some interest in watching them.

Grammar is highly important and I thank my mother for blessing me with her editorial ways.

I've never heard of Branson, Missouri and have therefore never been there. I haven't even been to Missouri for that matter.

I enjoy a good Cheap Trick song every now and then.

The world of fantasy is awesome and I'm thankful to my husband to exposing me to more of it.

Personally I'd rather visit Australia simply because I have some friends there but I don't suppose that hitting up New Zealand would be that difficult to do from there.

And I've got about 150 pounds to lose.

9999430.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mudpaw
    mudpaw Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello Starmaid,

You had me at pirates! Yarrr matey! You sound like a liberal arts buff and a traveler. Also your avatar is hilarious!

About me: Well I have visited several places, but New York is still on the list to do. I was a huge role-player, I used to act out my fantasies with MMO's. Now I just walk around with a star trek costume! When people look at me, I say " DEAL WITH IT!" I tried the whole dieting thing before, and started dancing classes (cumbia & salsa) to get me motivated to lose weight. But that fell through. So I started sailing again, but I stopped because of the costs. My last sailing trip was in Melbourne, Australia.

Also my condolences on your father passing, my grandfather passed last year. And he raised me when my father ran out on me.

Anyway, good luck to you too. And if you EVAH, I mean EVAH need somebody to write to, drop me a line. My humor takes a little getting used to but just like all things American. I am awesome, in my own little American way.

-DT
  • cerrajean
    Options
    My humor takes a little getting used to but just like all things American. I am awesome, in my own little American way.

Starmaid and I both tend to have dark and twisted senses of humor, haha. (We've been developing them in tandem for about 18 or so years...)

"How are you feeling today, Beth?..."
  • Lululucyloo
    Options
    Yah, go New Zealand. I live there and it is lovely :flowerforyou:
    I am also a teacher and dance when happy ha ha
  • cerrajean
    Options

I'm assuming your screen name is "Stacey from New Zealand," but I think I will always read it in my head as "Stacey effin' Z" :D
  • Lululucyloo
    Options

I'm assuming your screen name is "Stacey from New Zealand," but I think I will always read it in my head as "Stacey effin' Z" :D
    actually the f is for my last name haha it was the only email address available that wasn't too long :laugh:
    should probably add that staceyfnz is my email address, so this makes more sense
  • Bgfan
    Bgfan Posts: 1
    Options
    I've never been to a Renaissance Fair :( I would love to o to one someday though. I hope we can be friends :D I just joined a few hours ago. I am also looking to lose a large amount of weight (well over 100lbs), and would like some guidance and support and provide some. I hope you find success in all your goals! This is what we both enjoy from your list.

I'm a history buff and trivia enthusiast

I'm a karaoke superstar!

I like to dance when I'm happy!

I think a board game night is a pretty awesome way to spend the evening.

I'd love to visit Boston. My Fiancee is a Red Sox fan.

I love musical theater. (I spent my high school career in drama)

I understand the difference between "your" and "you're" and other basic rules of grammar.

I love pirates, mermaids, and anything fantastically awesome.

I would love to visit New Zealand (and many many other places in the world).

As For What's Not On Your List....

I'm a BIG BIG BIG Harry Potter and Anime Fan (especially Miyazaki and Takahata)

I'm A Movie Buff!

I Enjoy Reading Teen Fiction and Historical Fiction Especially, but Find Great Stories in Other Genres.
  • kiwilaurie
    kiwilaurie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am from New Zealand and think my country is one of the most beautiful in the world! Feel free to add me. :)
  • melindenmark
    melindenmark Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm from New Zealand (living in Denmark now). NZ is the best country in the world :P
    I love pirates (any thing fantasy is right up my ally lol)
    I'm a teacher, well a trained teacher, dam hard to get a job here in Denmark
    I love to dance, often get court dancing and sing around the house like an idiot
    I am also a karaoke super star!
    ... the list could go on

i think you more or less explained me in your post so feel free to add me :P
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Live in Boston and loved it. Want to move back again sometime.
    And I think board games are awesome!
    Add me if you wish :)
  • OfficerFuzzy
    OfficerFuzzy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Trivia facts are my PASSION! :D
    (Did you know goldfish in the wild are a more olive-green color?)
    I find language fascinating.

I'm going to add you.
  • bonifachi
    bonifachi Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Haha that's awesome.
    My husband is a medieval sword fighter!
    I am from and live in New Zealand. Don't go to Australia!!! NZ is so pretty (Australia is too but very different)
    I work at a school
    I want to lose a bit of weight.

Lets all do it together! Feel free to add me.

Emma.
  • grobbygru
    grobbygru Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Haha that's awesome.
    My husband is a medieval sword fighter!
    I am from and live in New Zealand. Don't go to Australia!!! NZ is so pretty (Australia is too but very different)
    I work at a school
    I want to lose a bit of weight.

Lets all do it together! Feel free to add me.

Emma.

Australia rocks - there is just one problem with it - there are too many Kiwi's here!!!

:smokin:
  • JazzberryJam
    Options
    Hello all! Current weight is 249. I just started mfp and i would really like some support! There are MANY reasons I'm trying to lose weight! Health/ clothes/ energy/ vegas clubs/ & wedding (meaning bachelorette parties, honeymoon in hawaii, engagement photo shoots/ & wedding day!!) My wedding is on 8/25/12 and I am desperate to lose weight!

I'd love to make friends for support and encouragement. Add me if you'd like! :)
  • starmaid
    Options
    You guys are all too cool! I read everyone's post and I'm really excited to actually do this! With all these new friends who are pretty darn awesome, I simply can't let you ALL down! I'll just have to keep going!
  • brendac72
    brendac72 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    As everyone else your post made me laugh. Welcome to MFP!

We used to always dress up for Halloween and had a blast, never got into the Renaissance fair, they do have one in the summer near us but have never been.
    BIg Cheap Trick fan myself, saw them for the first time 2 summers ago and they were awesome!
    Absolutely LOVE Boston, would be my choice of cities if I didn't already live in the best city...Chicago!
    Love dancing....always a great time and a great workout!
    Game nights with friends always a great time
    Never been to New Zealand but am planning a trip to Australia for 2013 so thats about as close as I get

Thanks for sharing and I look forward to all your great progress!
  • Amazingday
    Amazingday Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Well, I saw cheap trick in the 80's
    I love dressing up in costumes....
    Board games, card games...... AWESOME!
    I dance when I am happy and to embarrass my kids....
    I live on Cape Cod and used to live in Cambridge worked in Boston and visit family up there....
    I have been to canada and 42 of the 50 states (I can't fly...bad ears)
    I have lost 52 lbs but want to lose another 50 by summer..... clamming season is coming and I want new waders!

I am a great MFP Friend....add me if you want!
  • TeeRaceFisher
    TeeRaceFisher Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    This post made me giggle, I love the way you presented yourself! I'm a Bostonian transplant in the south, who also loves music, geekery and all things awesome. I sent you a friend request thingy- I am brand new to MFP and being healthy in general. I grew up on happy meals and root beer floats. It made for a great childhood but very dangerous adulthood...
  • cerrajean
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses guys- feel free to add me too!

(yes Star, I'm horning in on your welcome post! You're welcome!)