MFP is better than facebook!

Options
Chadwick891
Chadwick891 Posts: 72 Member
Just wanted to say.

MFP is better than facebook!

Honestly, all I see on facebook are a bunch of unmotivated people complaining about their every day lives and how every aspect of their life needs improving or something is always going wrong.

It's rather refreshing to log onto myfitnesspal and see a bunch of inspired, aspirational and successful people posting positive statuses and comments and everyone supporting each other when things are rough. You just don't get that elsewhere!

On another note, I must admit, I feel that I'm surrounded by people like-minded who also want to achieve the same, or similar goals and think of every day as a gift, rather than a burden.

So I thank each and every one of you for making this such a positive community! MFP couldn't have been so great without all you inspiring people keeping the hard work up and telling everyone how great your day was!

Honestly, nothing makes me happier than seeing posts like "Had a great day with family!", "Today wasn't a great day for food intake, but everyone deserves a little treat". Such optimism is fantastic for motivation!

Replies

• jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Couldn't agree more!!!
  • Vermilla
    Vermilla Posts: 348
    Options
    I've never been on facebook (or twitter or uh...whatever else is out there), but from what you say, I'm glad I'm here! :flowerforyou:
  • Strivn2day_4aBtrTmrow
    Options
    I've only been on the site for about 3 hours now... n i couldn't agree more ! It's inspiring to know that not everyone is a drone online ! N the fact that we can comfortably share some of most intimate imperfections comfortably is phenomenal. Im so glad I logged on.
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    You'll never go back.... we've saved you! XO
  • trlyblssd79
    trlyblssd79 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yep! Totally agree - Facebook is way over rated and it is great to have supportive groups on here to help you reach your goals health wise no matter what those goals may be.