monthlys?

Options
ok so some people might not want to read this but i need some help every time my period comes on i gain about 3lbs and it takes another week after my period has finished to lose it again so im waisting 2 weeks every month because of this. any ideas why this might be i dont eat more and i still do my exercise so why the weight gain

Replies

• biologic
    Options
    why are you gaining 3 lbs though? are you eating more? if you aren't eating more it is likely water weight and you can ignore it. just focus on weighing less on your next period than you did on your previous period (which shows a general trend downward in weight).
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    It's called water weight.. It's been happening ever since you started you period, but you just didn't know it until you started weighing.

Drink extra water and you'll be fine.
  • shelley7890
    shelley7890 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    This happens alot for women just try drinking more water Hun, I get the same thing women are heavier this time of the month
  • ayshamc
    ayshamc Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, I feel like I only have 2 decent weeks a month where I feel "normal" and my weight is truely what it should be. I get so disheartened the week before and still the week of/after.... I feel like all my hard work is only worthy for 2 weeks :laugh:

I really need to drink more water during this time, like the other ladies have mentioned. I know that I don't drink enough in general, so I really need to be drinking more at TOM :smile:
  • shelley7890
    Options
    Water is the key to weight loss, the more i seem to pee the more weight I lose.
  • ayshamc
    ayshamc Posts: 226 Member
    Options

I work in a really busy office...and I can sometimes get to half 3, 4pm and realise that I haven't peed since I first went at 7am when I woke up! :noway:

It's really bad, I know - I know i'm not drinking enough full stop, but I also think I can get so engrossed in my work that I don't even realise I'm holding, until it hurts!!!
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    It goes up three pounds from your skinny self. You are still burning fat during period times.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i think we all go though that and i tell you i can drink all the water in the world but i still gain 3 lbs no matter what.
  • DenverKos
    DenverKos Posts: 182
    Options
    This is the first month I've been tracking things, but.....I bloat and retain quite a bit during, and I didn't need a scale to tell me this - I knew it because I feel it. I still weighed each morning, and my weight was pretty stable, maybe increase a half pound or a pound, and I didn't lose any weight that week. I still kept up with my routine, eating right and exercising, and the week following I dropped 3 pounds "over night" once my bloating went away, so it was still working - just masked by the PMS.
  • JudyL5305
    JudyL5305 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    It's all water weight gain true. Just remember that it's that time of month, not you doing anything. Keep working through it and you will have that to focus on the fact you are continuing and not stopping.
  • Quarrysider
    Quarrysider Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hehehe, this is the reason I only do a 'proper' weigh-in once a month. The numbers are all over the place otherwise and it's depressing :)
  • shelley7890
    Options

I work in a really busy office...and I can sometimes get to half 3, 4pm and realise that I haven't peed since I first went at 7am when I woke up! :noway:

It's really bad, I know - I know i'm not drinking enough full stop, but I also think I can get so engrossed in my work that I don't even realise I'm holding, until it hurts!!!

Girl u need to just make sure u have a cup of water an hr lol. If ur at ur desk have a glass just neck it and run on to what ever ur doing. Lol
  • JohnsonTL
    Options
    Thanks for posting this topic. I have not reached my period yet this month and just started MFP. Knowing where my potential weight gain is coming from during this time will be a stress reliever for sure; especially when your period can be stressful enough.