candycaneps Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I live in California...so definitely West Coast =D
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Up and at 'em!!
    Morning Sixers!!!

I have a "pre-screen" phone call today about the possibility of a job.
    The job may or may not pay me a living wage.
    We'll see how it goes. Call at 11:30am.

Until then, I need to get dressed, grab some breakfast and get studying. :smile:

Have a great day ladies! :flowerforyou:
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I weighed in at 148.2 this a.m. GOOOOOO MEEEEEE :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :laugh:

Good luck with your prescreen interview Lauryn! Oh and I know how it feels to avoid studying... lol. Good luck o nthe LSAT you will do great! Keep studying and try to think of what the test will mean in the long run (i.e. a career you will enjoy) that's what I do when I lose focus (really reminding myself... lol) :-D

Ok back to studying for me. Long days, Long nights. Exercise is the highlight of my day. :huh:
  • wwalke02
    wwalke02 Posts: 61
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! Can anyone tell me how you figure out the calories in recipes? Thanks. Have a great day.
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,

How is everyone this morning?

Candy where iin California? I live about 50 miles east of Sacramento.

Well off to work I go. Have a Great Day Ladies.

Kel:heart:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! Can anyone tell me how you figure out the calories in recipes? Thanks. Have a great day.

If it's just calories, you can add the calories in all the ingredients total, dividing by total number of servings. Number of servings is usually a best guestimate. For other counts (sodium, calcium, sugar), it would require a little more work, manually. There is a recipe calculator on sparkpeople.com but I'm not a fan. I'm sure if you google 'recipe calculator', you will find a couple that should work.

HappyThursday_Animated2.gif
  • Redneckwoman
    Options

there are two places to find out this infor that I know of: caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe-analysis.php or recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp

Give those a try I got them from another member of MFP I really like the calorie count one.

Hope this helps.

• wwalke02
    wwalke02 Posts: 61
    Options
    Thanks for the information. I appreciate it.
  • Redneckwoman
    Options
    Good Afternoon Ladies,

Yes home now for the rest of the day!!!! Well figured out my meals and calories burned today. Intake approx 1348 calories. Burned 1168 today!!! :wink: And our wonderful Aunt Flo came to vist as well....by total surprise. :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: She was suppose to be here last week. Going through the change sucks Big Time. :noway: I never know any more when of If she will show up.:grumble: :grumble: :angry: :grumble: I used to know like clock work. :yawn: So if I am retaining the bloat I shall do so good next week at check in.....LOL:drinker::flowerforyou: :drinker:

kel:heart:
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    Hello Sixers!

Well, I have decided that I can not weigh in right now. I am seeing my doctor again next Tuesday. I am being referred to a dietician and I also need to go on a diuretic as one of my meds has me up 5 pounds in just 2 weeks. I know its the meds because it happened the last time I was on this last year. So, I am here to give and get support but I cant make goal or lose any weight for that matter right now!

Its HOT here in Oregon today! 88 degrees right at this moment. Not too shabby for May! So, I have been out enjoying it all day.

Right now I am watching Oprah. She has the season before last Biggest Loser contestants on. It is eye opening! I think I watched it when it aired the first time but this is one I will watch again!

Have a good evening!

Amy:heart:
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    Good evening all!!

Amy and Lauryn...Thanks :)

Cathy- I hope things go better and turn around for you guys..just try and stay positive :)

Lauryn- I hope your phone interview turned out well :)

Pedal- Im admiring your will power with staying away from the scale! You go girl!!!

So the past 3 days Ive been to the gym...30 min of cardio on Tues/65 min Wed/ 80 min today...and Ive been sitting in the sauna everyday too.

I leave to go on vacation (OBX, North Carolina) for a week leaving on Saturday morning... Tomorrow my daughter and I are going to my niece's birthday party....So I am going to be busy, busy, busy.....

But you ladies keep up the good work!!

Ill check in again soon!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    morning....

begin moving into my new home tomorrow at noon. been keeping somewhat steady in the weight dept. up a few #s since the beginning. so gained back what i had lost 1st week + a few. should be losing it with the move. will try to check in on tuesday depends on the internet. having trouble getting them to transfer service without the other people having a disconnect date. so if someone has to come out to flip the switch it could be a week. i better not pay for that. we shall see.

off to do some cleaning. later
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Katy, love your new profile pic. You look amazing.

Cathy, hope the move goes well! Sorry I wasn't able to make it down to help.

The phone interview went great. The problem is the job pays only 68% of what I was making... and is a longer commute and much higher stress, dealing with outside clients who like to yell and cuss. It's not worth it. I can't jump at the first thing that comes along due to fear nothing else will come along. Something that is right for me will happen. I believe that.

I am working on motivating myself to study. I feel like a whiny brat because I don't wanna study!! *pout* I need to. This is for me, and I really enjoy what I'm learning.

happy-friday.gif
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    Hey sixers!!! I will be getting in the bed so I can get at least 8 hrs. So I'm doing well and I hope to chat with you this weekend. I have increased my fitness to 40 min dvds and I feel like I'm ready to start it up again. So that was one week of light fitness. I'm glad that's over. LOL, I'm addicted to the feeling of a long workout. WEIRD HUH!!!! :noway:

Lauryn- Congrats on the phone interview and I'm glad you are aware that waiting may be good too. Sometimes unplanned breaks workout for the best. YAY for you and the pics were gorgeous.

Cathy- Good luck with the move. I can still remember mine from dec/jan. We can't wait to hear from you when you get settled. :)

Katy- enjoy the vacation!!!

Amy- take care and I hope everything goes well at the doctor. Full recovery is what you need. We will still be here.

Kel- ARe you on spark as well? I love that site as does Tiff (Gonabfit). You seem to be doing well... keep up the great work! YAY

Tiff- Congrats on the scale victory. We know sometimes it doesn't want to give up a pound at all.
    Board studying is rough but I know you can do it. You are a positive girl... YOU CAN DO THIS.

To all my other sixers.... I hope you are still trucking! WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER.

Take care

Tamm:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • drtamm
    Options
    WOW!!! I was looking forward to reading some post. Enjoy your weekend ladies! I worked out 1.5 hrs this morning before I went to the salon to get my hair done. :flowerforyou:
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! It's been almost 3 days since I've really been able to get online. I've had just about enough time to log my food and exercise and that's it. And my exercise has been next to nothing until today! My daughter graduated from preschool Thursday evening (:sad: & :happy: ), so my parents came down to be there. My mom believes in eating healthy, but then whenever she visits, she brings unhealthy foods. This time she brought pumpkin bread, baked mac & cheese, and key lime pie! And the 2 nights they were here, I wasn't able to exercise at all. To top it all off, there was a cook out at my church this evening, so I've just been eating very unhealthy foods the past 3 days. I just got back in from a walk, but I'm thinking of walking on the treadmill some before bed too. Oh well, I still have 2 more days before weighing in. Have a great night!
  • drtamm
    Options
    Amypyr- don't be to hard on yourself, I think everyone struggles when they have company visit. I know you are happy your little girl graduated. Congrats.

HI SIXERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm taking it easy today, yoga, tai chi and hand weights. :)

Tamm:drinker:
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! I took my lunch break today and did 53 mins of JUMP ROPE AND strength! yay! Clearly you can't jump rope the whole time but I REALLY REALLY got my heart rate going! So... yay! Avg heart rate 136 Highest 185. (though I am working on keeping my heart rate in the SAFE zone which is no more than 85 % the max. above that you affect your hearts safe workign capacity. :-D Burned almost 400 cals. But I was working hard today and didn't even have to leave my living room! So no excuses!

I weighed 147.8 this a.m!!! GO ME!

Hope all is well.
    I renewed my spirit yesterday and am remaining confident, postive, optimistic, and driven. Back to studying for me and I am giving this my ALL and no matter how I feel ( if i feel behind, overwhelmed, discouraged, whatever) I AM capable of doing this. and I will. :heart: :heart: :bigsmile:

Hey SIXERS! I'm sending some motivation your way!!!! WHOOOO HOOOOOOOO! Whatever you want to be in life, it is NOT to late to start! Begin acting AS IF you are exactly who you want to BE!!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :love: :heart:

DrTamm... I will see you soon! :-D
  • Redneckwoman
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,

Well yesterday was Relay for Life.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: My daughter and a co-worker were the team captains for the Bank that they work for. They raised the most money for the cancer socieity $12,500.00. I am so proud of the girls. :love: :love: :love: Anyway I walked the wee hours of the night for them. I walked 5 hours last night straight. :noway: I am so tired to day but we figured about 18 miles in all. :flowerforyou: So needless to say its going to be a very lazy day of naps and very few chores.:laugh: :laugh: So calories burned should be about 1350 or so. I guess Tuesday will be the moment of truth.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Well have a great day.

• drtamm
    Options
    Tiff- You are very capable of passing your 1st set of boards. I'm gonna claim this victory for you already!!!!!!!!!! YAYYYAYYAYYY! :drinker: :flowerforyou: Thanks for the motivation and congrats on the pounds removed. Keep it up!

Kel- You did wonderfully yesterday. I know you are proud of the girls and yourself. Enjoy your day of rest.

Well.. I went grocery shopping and to get my sunday paper today. Clipping those coupons really can save you some money. I'm all about ANY bargain. LOL.

take care,

Tamm:flowerforyou: