3rd day...struggling

Options
I had a good two days and struggling with day #3.

Why? First started with a neighborhood moms' lunch. I ate small quantities, but still wound up being about a 700 calorie lunch! What the hey?!

Then my kids are busy, whining, fighting, and we are struggling today in general. My hubby is stressed and tired and unable to help me because of a class he is taking, and I am tired, hungry and just WANTING to eat. The reason I gained some weight? Stress-eating. Today is a test of that. Can I keep my calories in check and not go stuff my face at the pantry? Ugh.

I need encouragement. Any will do!

Replies

• jesse1117
    jesse1117 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    you'll be fine. losing weight is like quitting smoking - "slipping up" will NOT make you feel better. just chug some water. and good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I find that even though I wake up at 6 every day, I have to wait until 8 to eat breakfast. If I don't then I'm usually hungry by 8 anyway and eat another meal that usually puts me over for the day...I've found that waiting to eat my breakfast really helps me keep in check, try it, in the meantime, I drink a big a** coffee, staves away hunger for a bit!
  • lmbailey2010
    Options
    girl this is my firstday and im having trouble. :)
  • shwendoll
    shwendoll Posts: 10
    Options
    Thank you! :)
  • woody3m
    woody3m Posts: 4
    Options
    Boy do I get what you're saying....last night was that way for me. Started to go get the bag of fritos. Wait I did but after I ate 4 or 5, I was like....what the bleep are you doing. Put the bag back and had a huge glass of water, actually chugging about half of it. I had to get up at 2 and use the restroom but it was well worth it.

What I'm saying is, you can do it, think about your goals, the reasons you are doing it and think, is it worth it, then go get a huge glass of water chug atleast half and the hunger will be replaced with an overwhelming uncomfortalbe feeling of full.

You'll get up in the middle of the night just like I did but you also wake up tomorrow morning prooud of yourself.

As hard as it is, you can do it.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    This is a lifestyle change. It takes time to retrain your mind into new responses. Snack on raw carrots, celery, don't worry about logging those. Drink your water. Stretch, do a few yoga moves and try to get the stress out.

The main thing is, YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
  • aquamarine05
    Options
    It's my first day and I am already struggling. I lost weight last year, but slid back into my old ways again. This time I made a resolve to get healthy and regain my self confidence and be happy. you will be fine....sometimes it helps having an event or something to look forward to. ..Goodluck
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    You can do this, keep on going :flowerforyou: