I am 47 and tired of repeating this cycle !

Options
My name is Darrell, I am 47. Until I was in my mid 30's, I never had a weight problem. For the last 15 years, I have been doing the yogi effect. Inget in great shape For about six months and then end up 40 to 50 pounds overweight and feeling like crap! I have always been a calorie counter; that and spreading my meals out over 6 to 7 meals a day works for me. I know I can reach my goal but I need to learn to stay there. Up until about 5 years ago, I was a runner, about 6 miles a day. That took care of excess calories. I iNjured my leg and can not run any more(I can walk, even though I find it boring). Hello and good luck to you!

Replies

• Sandikh
    Sandikh Posts: 116
    Options
    Welcome Darrell...!
  • julie20012
    Options
    Hi Darrell, There are so many different sports and excerises we all can do to suit you, the trick is to find once that suit you better. I have knee problems so i can not run much and at times find it hard to bend due to the pain. I have now been given pain killers which eases the pain and now i walk alot more.

For me, walking is my thing..... Yes, walking can be boring, but it can also be fun too. I have my I-pod on every time i walk, and to make it fun, i set goals.... today i going to walk to this road........when i get here, i'm going to jog up the hill....as i'm jogging up i shout to myself ...do it, do it , you can do it... or whatever comes to mine to get me up that or those hills... i then set another goal to walk to here or there and before i know it i am where i said i was going to be.... My son called me when i was on one of my walks, he asked me "what i was doing", i told him i was walking from the Hospital -Home, he laugh out lollllllll and told me i was crazy, but at the sometime knew i could and would do it. We conitued talking and every now and then it would ask me where i was at. Before i knew it i was home. Walking is most differently my thing and it doesn't cost a penny, but can help to lose pounds.

I hope this makes sense and helps you. i am pretty sure you will find something that suits you. All the best...
  • DarrellHodge
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement