Options
Hi everyone - my name is Lisa and this website was given to me by a co worker who has been so successful in her weight loss journey. I love how I can just punch in what foods I have eaten and it puts it into a diary for me. This is such an important tool for me and I feel it really is going to make a difference. I have been married 25 years and raised 3 children. My husband and I decided it was time to think more about our health and do something to make a change. So here I am with a weight loss of goal of about 30 pounds. I know it will take a long time but blogging and chatting with people who are just like me will really keep me focused. I wish everyone the best of luck on their goal to becoming a healthier you!

Replies

• kirstysnan
    kirstysnan Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Good luck Lisa - the older you get the harder it is so stick in there!
  • IxLovexLink
    Options
    Good luck! If you need support feel free to add me!
  • peanutritious
    peanutritious Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tara. I joined here on Monday and it's all going well so far. I've been to the Gym 5 times this week! I love the way your food and exercise is logged so you can see your (hopefully) progression. I'm 40 in August and want to lose 2 stone.
  • libbylee31
    libbylee31 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Libby. I joined on Tuesday and its going great for me! I get to see what I'm putting in, how many calories I burn from exercising and I can share my results with my doctor (who referred me to MFP on Tuesday morning). I log on several times throughout the day. Feel free to add me as a friend!:smile:
  • kcartchick
    Options
    Good morning! I'm Jennifer. I just joined MFP Monday and I'm impressed. I was successful with Weight Watchers a few years ago and instead of paying to weigh every week, I decided to take my knowledge and track my own progress. LOVE the mobile app on my iPhone the bar code scan is a great feature.

I'm located in Kansas City, MO - so if you're close and need support or want to take a walk, let me know!
  • angieread
    angieread Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've been on MFP for about two weeks now and have lost about 4 pounds, and it really isn't that hard. It's actually kind of fun, and I LOVE the support of my MFP friends. Feel free to add me for support and encouragement.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I am new as well - I joined a few days ago. I know it will be a lot of hard work and dedication but I have confidence that this site will definitely helps us on our journey! I hope to lose 15lbs by July (for my wedding...in vegas...when it will be HOT...and i will want to be in a bathing suit the whole itme...haha).

What is more important than losing the weight though is knowing that we are eating and exercising for the good of our health. The first step is making healthier choices and then we will reach our goals!

Good luck! Have patience! And stay dedicated! You can do it. :)
  • twoscimitars
    twoscimitars Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to everyone. Please feel free to add me - I will do what I can to support and motivate. I, too need the motivation, as I have 145 more pounds to go. But, I keep thinking of it in 15 pound increments. So that way, I only have to say I have about 10 more hunks of fat to get rid of. :) Anyway, good luck to all!
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    You took a very important first step toward your goal. With the tools here and determination you will get there. And it probably won't take as long as you think. The people here a fantastic, we are all in the same boat. And people here are truly happy to see you succeed. This is not a diet, but a way to manage your calories for a lifetime. So just work it and you will be successful.
  • JudyL5305
    JudyL5305 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting a great journey. We are all here for you feel free to add me!
  • TinaVanHoecke
    Options
    Good Luck Lisa, Being part of an on line forum helped me to loose over 100 lbs about 10 years ago. It is important to have support and I am glad to hear your husband is on board with you.