75lbs to lose and need inspiration. Do you?

Options
I joined in September 2011 and wasn't serious or totally committed to losing and improving my wellbeing. I am finally and truly committed now and looking for others who are truly committed as well to share tips with and learn from.

I have two children at home, a 2 year old and 9 year old and I work full time at a fortune 500 company that has a gym onsite. I find it hard to go there though because of where I am at. I also have my own treadmill at home which I have been doing at least 6 days a week for 30 minutes.

Just looking for inspiration and tips from others.

Please add me!

Thanks, Jennifer

Replies

• visionairess
    Options
    Best of luck.... I just started for the new year and I'm still going... I think this website (mobile app) will be a great help for me too.
  • crb1988
    crb1988 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You have come to the right place...welcome :)

Anyone who would like to add me can do so...you can never have too many friends!
  • momerly7
    momerly7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! This is going to work. I've just started my journey a few weeks ago. It's a very helpful site. You talk about not wanting to go to you work gym. Just go. Who really cares that you look like, you do? So what what others think, that's their problem. You are the only one there that should matter. You are doing this for you. You are luck you have that convience. Use it! It might feel awkward the first few times but I think you will realize everyone this there for themselves not watching what others are doing or look like. I know when I see people at the gym I think, 'they want to get healthy too;. GO! Go! Go. If you need to, do it for your kids they need a strange and healthy, mom and example. There is nothing like a mother's love!! In nno time you will know you are doing this for you too. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • Aerialanew
    Aerialanew Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey, Jennifer I just started. On the 5th of this month and I have already lost 6 lbs and I have 150lbs to go. This site is a great tool and so far the people I have met are great motivation. I understand what you mean about the gym. My school has one that my tuitionv pays my membership for and I am terrified to go ALONE. Because though I'm there for me, these are my peers who will see me in a vulnerable state and nobody wants that. So you know what I did, I found a supportive friend and I go with her, maybe you need a workout buddie, someone there with positive intentions for you. And if that doesn't works, still go just put on ur iPod and focus on just you and ur goal
  • dreamzvt
    Options
    Welcome back! This is going to work. I've just started my journey a few weeks ago. It's a very helpful site. You talk about not wanting to go to you work gym. Just go. Who really cares that you look like, you do? So what what others think, that's their problem. You are the only one there that should matter. You are doing this for you. You are luck you have that convience. Use it! It might feel awkward the first few times but I think you will realize everyone this there for themselves not watching what others are doing or look like. I know when I see people at the gym I think, 'they want to get healthy too;. GO! Go! Go. If you need to, do it for your kids they need a strange and healthy, mom and example. There is nothing like a mother's love!! In nno time you will know you are doing this for you too. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Thank you so much for your reply. I needed to hear that! :)
  • dreamzvt
    Options
    Hey, Jennifer I just started. On the 5th of this month and I have already lost 6 lbs and I have 150lbs to go. This site is a great tool and so far the people I have met are great motivation. I understand what you mean about the gym. My school has one that my tuitionv pays my membership for and I am terrified to go ALONE. Because though I'm there for me, these are my peers who will see me in a vulnerable state and nobody wants that. So you know what I did, I found a supportive friend and I go with her, maybe you need a workout buddie, someone there with positive intentions for you. And if that doesn't works, still go just put on ur iPod and focus on just you and ur goal

Thank you for inpiring me. We can do this together. So happy to have crossed paths :)