FRUSTRATED

Options
I am so frustrated right now. I got on the scale this morning and have gained .5lbs. I have made sure the past 3 days (when I exercize at the gym) to stay under my exercize calories. Not sure what is going on but it is driving me CRAZY.

Replies

• suttercm
    suttercm Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I'd bet tomorrow it will be gone! Could be water retention - was the day before a high sodium day? Or are your net calories below 1200? If so your body could be going into starvation mode. I know I personally have a hard time eating enough on my big exercise days to maintain the 1200 budget.
  • hofosho1020
    Options
    That's a really normal fluctuation, I wouldn't worry.
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    @ the OP, 0.5 pounds is nothing. My weight fluctuates up and down by 3 to 5 pounds depending on the time of month, how much water I've consumed, how much salt I've consumed, how many carbs I've eaten, when I last ate, and of course depending on what my hormones are doing. Relax :D

If your weight stays the same (or goes up) over the course of a whole month (or at least two weeks), then you might want to think about changing your diet and exercise program. Otherwise? Don't sweat it.

@stuttercm,

OH MY what a gorgeous australian shepherd!!!!!! (the one in your profile picture) I have a blue merl aussie mix that I adore. Aren't they just the best dogs?!
  • cindyrayburn
    Options
    thank you I know I was stressing over nothing but it is just friustrating., Today I step on the scale and am down 1.5 lbs:) so I am happy today:) thanks for your words of encouragement
  • shelley7890
    shelley7890 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Oh god I remember that feeling, if I've done a hard work out I tend to go up. Bit but they say muscle weighs more that fat don't they? Maybe ur muscles are just a bit heavier cuz they are tense? But I did the same thing then the end of the week dropped it all plus some,
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    would be more helpful if we could see your food diary.. it could be a nunber of things that caused the scale to pop up.. water water water and lower sodium intake is my best advice for now
  • jsnearly
    Options
    Stay under your alotted food intake. Dont eat the extra calories you burned working out.
  • cindyrayburn
    Options
    how do I show my food journal? I am new to this and not sure how to do that:)