Saw such a sad thing today

Options
rosemarymint
rosemarymint Posts: 132 Member
I picked my daughter up this afternoon and we were on our wat to swim practice.... We got onto the highway (2 lanes) and a bit up the road we saw a mother duck (not sure exactly what kind) sitting in the middle of the high speed lane (I don't know if she was dead or not) there were also 2 already dead chicks and about 6 or 8 more running around in the lane. I cried all the way to practice.

I called my mother later on and she asked if I called the police or if I stopped. I had done neither. I thought that by the time I called information and was put through to the police and someone got there they would have been dead anyway. No I didn't stop...it rush hour traffic on a 2 lane highway and I have my child in the car. She made my feel so guilty when I was already so sad for this poor little family. Should I have stopped or called the police?

Replies

• alligator1970
    Options
    Awww. I know exactly how you feel but you did the right thing. My husband is in law enforcement and people have been hit trying to stop help animals. I hate stories like this. I want to cry.:sad: I see it all the time where I live. The animals have no where to go anymore...hang in there. You again did do the right thing. You could not risk your life or your daughters
  • lizzy32
    lizzy32 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think you did the right thing I have would done the same .It was rush hour traffic it would have been crazy for u too stop and the police may have taking a long time to get there as it was not an emergancy your mom should have not made you feel guilty but just try and forget about it and move on.:wink: