Trying again

Options
I've tried several times to lose weight but this time I'm serious! I tried WW before and didn't do that well, plus didn't want to pay that much $. So this time I'm trying My Fitness Pal. It is nice to have the app on my phone, too, so that I can track all my foods as I eat them. My goal is to lose at least 50 pounds, but I'm breaking it down into smaller amounts so I don't get discouraged! This time I have a couple of "accountability buddies" and trying to follow "Made to Crave" by Lysa TerKerst's book.

Replies

• xlpavenged7x
    Options
    Good luck! I hope all goes well (:
  • Jaymefirst
    Jaymefirst Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!
  • ladybug813
    Options
    Welcome, feel free to add me, I too have struggled with my weight and dieting. I know know that I have to change my lifestyle and the rest will follow. MFP is a great tool and a great place for support with your goals everyone is so amazing on this site :flowerforyou:
  • marylouise123
    marylouise123 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am a week newbie to MFP to.. I love it & it is so motivating to stick with it.. Logging my calories helps me so much. Alot of us have been on the weight loss rollercoaster to.. Just try to stay strong & have good people surrounding you who are encouraging.. I have met some nice people on here already.. I had a bad day yesterday (wanting to eat everything in the house) but I resisted & stayed under my calorie count for the day.. I had some encouraging words from friends & that helps alot... You can do it.... Just keep that in mind & take one day at a time & if necessary take it hour by hour. Whatever gets you through.. Good Luck... :smile:
  • fleetwood1
    fleetwood1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This is my second week on MFP and I like it. I have friends at work that have joined too which is motivating.

My approach now is that I really need to tackle my weight loss issue now and not five years from now. No more dieting. Just eating less and healthier, moving more and staying positive. Also, it is good to set realistic goals and to keep reviewing them to stay motivated.

I know you will do well!