Well, it finally happened...

Options
... I got sick. :grumble:

Everywhere I look it says not to work out when you are feeling a bit under the weather but I just wanted to check in with all of you and get your opinion on this. I'm medicating like hell, and still working out in the mornings (I really don't want to see the numbers on the scale go up again!) but I want to know if I'm doing more harm than good?

Also (again, earmuffs boys) next week is going to be that time of the month again, and it seems as if I'm losing no weight at all! I know it's common, I've posted about this before, but it doesn't lessen the blow each month!!! So I'm writing to grumble... in fact, I really look like this guy: :grumble:

Thanks all for your help!!!

Replies

• OntheSand
    OntheSand Posts: 119
    Options
    ... I got sick. :grumble:

Everywhere I look it says not to work out when you are feeling a bit under the weather but I just wanted to check in with all of you and get your opinion on this. I'm medicating like hell, and still working out in the mornings (I really don't want to see the numbers on the scale go up again!) but I want to know if I'm doing more harm than good?

Also (again, earmuffs boys) next week is going to be that time of the month again, and it seems as if I'm losing no weight at all! I know it's common, I've posted about this before, but it doesn't lessen the blow each month!!! So I'm writing to grumble... in fact, I really look like this guy: :grumble:

Thanks all for your help!!!
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Sorry that you're feeling sick.......as long as you're able to get in your fluids and food and rest, then a little exercise may make you feel better, if it doesn't then take it easy and recover so you can jump back in with full strength!
  • OntheSand
    Options
    Sorry that you're feeling sick.......as long as you're able to get in your fluids and food and rest, then a little exercise may make you feel better, if it doesn't then take it easy and recover so you can jump back in with full strength!

LOL Looks like we were responding to each other's posts a the same time!!!

Thanks for the advice... Hopefully I'll feel better soon!!!
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    I too am sorry that you're feeling under the weather. If you're medicated is it safe to assume you saw your doctor and you asked about exercising?

I agree keeping yourself hydrated as you are trying to recover is very, very important.

Regarding exercise, it's been my personal experience, and this applies to me alone, that if I exercise even at a slower pace I seem to get healthier quicker. I've even experienced the positive effects of exercising more as a preventative effect in staving off illness even though I travel a lot.

Always try to exercise at a slower pace when you're not feeling well you may find that you can't do it but try to determine if it's your mind trying to convince you rather than your body telling you it just can't.

Bob
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I like to remember this quote from songbyrdsweet regarding exercising while you are sick...."Above the neck go, below the neck no."

I hope you get to feeling better!:flowerforyou:
  • OntheSand
    Options
    I too am sorry that you're feeling under the weather. If you're medicated is it safe to assume you saw your doctor and you asked about exercising?

I agree keeping yourself hydrated as you are trying to recover is very, very important.

Regarding exercise, it's been my personal experience, and this applies to me alone, that if I exercise even at a slower pace I seem to get healthier quicker. I've even experienced the positive effects of exercising more as a preventative effect in staving off illness even though I travel a lot.

Always try to exercise at a slower pace when you're not feeling well you may find that you can't do it but try to determine if it's your mind trying to convince you rather than your body telling you it just can't.

Bob

Thanks so much... I've been hanging in there and trying to get better! :)

Thank you again for commenting!!!!
  • OntheSand
    Options
    I like to remember this quote from songbyrdsweet regarding exercising while you are sick...."Above the neck go, below the neck no."

I hope you get to feeling better!:flowerforyou:

LMAO That is such a great quote! Thanks so much for commenting and the help! :) How've ya been?