support!?

Options
WOW sometimes I think I need new family members!!!
I told a family member I was going to start a diet and they are just like ohhhh well.....
I need support and If you can't get it from family who can you count on!

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    WOW sometimes I think I need new family members!!!
    I told a family member I was going to start a diet and they are just like ohhhh well.....
    I need support and If you can't get it from family who can you count on!

count on yourself
  • sammywil
    sammywil Posts: 104
    Options
    Theres a huge MFP Family here. We all count on each other aswell as ourselves. Add me if u like :) Im here everyday.
  • dchienku
    dchienku Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    The community here on MFP is amazing! Feel free to add me if u like =)

Denise
  • roseagra
    Options
    I know that feeling....well Dad will just judge every time I put food in my mouth when I go home and my sister will storm off if I even mention healthy food (then again she's pregnant so I owe her that!). I know they mean well but it's not the 'support' I need. Have some friends who are great but they don't live in Ireland any more so that's why I'm here!

And I need some more MFP friends! I need someone to ask me how I got on in the gym today and if I didn't go kick my posterior a little! (or a lot if required!)

Best of luck and stick on here, they seem like a great bunch
  • brittwitt1986
    brittwitt1986 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Don't get me wrong I do have the drive to loose weight, and I am going to loose weight. But Don't you just want someone close to you to be happy that you took a step to be healthy not even SKINNY but HEALTHY!!!

I will be adding you guys as friends so we can give each other support!!
  • phantom363
    Options
    I think that is pretty normal whenever you set a self improvement goal. There will be those that will support you, those that are neutral, and those that will respond negatively about it. While some people may be negative because they don't want to see you dissapointed in the event of failure, many people feel threatened by it in some way like you will move "beyond or above" them in some way.

Try this: announce you plan to run a half marathon and see what kind of reactions you get. People that are in shape or have run them before will likely be supportive, others may be inspired to want to run it with you and there will also be a few folks that you will see that will almost appear repulsed by the idea with responses like "Why on earth would you want to do that?!", "I would never do that" or "You're crazy"

Also, if you are really stewing on that lack of support and can't seem to let that negativity go... use it as a motivator for working out. As a former Marine, I learned that anger and even rage can be used constructively in this way, it also helps you get rid of it, It's hard to be angry when you exhaust yourself running or lifting weights or whatever you choose. In the end they critics even wind up helping you out.
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I get so much support on here!~ Friend me if you want!
  • Lindseymarie381
    Options
    good luck!!! its all about you and how you feel about youself in the end :)))
  • rashooy
    rashooy Posts: 55
    Options
    You may add me for support if u like ?:laugh:
  • Bluejay789
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP family .... We want you to succeed!

Do not treat this as a diet but a lifestyle change.

The best support I have gotten has been from my MFP family as they are on the same journey as me.

I have actually had family members and friends make really mean comments, rolled their eyes and actually laugh at me.

Well I have lost 28 pounds. I had dropped to 32 pounds but fell off logging my food and exercise in November. So now I am back to 28 pounds lost.

Anyway, if you would like support and would like some tips I have learned from doing mfp, I would be glad to share. If you need support feel free to send me a friend request.

You can do it! If I can lose weight anyone can.

Claire

Claire