Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Anyone here only using MFP? no exercise

2»

Replies

• netsirk12
    netsirk12 Posts: 220 Member
    I started dieting right before I got some surgery done (Oct 31st). Due to pain both before and after the surgery I couldnt work out. I lost 20 lbs on diet alone with some walking. I was told 8 weeks after surgery I can go back to working out. Since exercising (14 days) I have felt awesome. My abs kill but thats because im working on rebuilding them after surgery. I recomend that everyone has exercise even if it is just a 30 min walk!

Just want to clairify that it was gallbladdar removal. Ha I dont want this to be taken the wrong way. I am losing weight the natural and healthy way! :)
  • I don't exercise due to an injury. I started my weight loss in August and I have lost 27lbs by only watching calories. Of course I still have my good and bad days, but I try to keep my bad days to 1 or 2 days a week. I keep wanting to go to the gym but seems like everytime I really wanna go my injury acts up and I think I probably shouldn't chance it. Then sometimes I think I should just do it and suck it up. It's a nerve injury in my thigh that I have had for over 2 years. I was told it would get better with weight loss and exercise. Kind of hard to exercise when your thigh is burning. :(
  • SUPERhecticMOM
    SUPERhecticMOM Posts: 61 Member
    I don't exercise due to an injury. I started my weight loss in August and I have lost 27lbs by only watching calories. Of course I still have my good and bad days, but I try to keep my bad days to 1 or 2 days a week. I keep wanting to go to the gym but seems like everytime I really wanna go my injury acts up and I think I probably shouldn't chance it. Then sometimes I think I should just do it and suck it up. It's a nerve injury in my thigh that I have had for over 2 years. I was told it would get better with weight loss and exercise. Kind of hard to exercise when your thigh is burning. :(
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Thanks so much for ur replies!!! I was just curious because i try to make it to the gym 2-3times a week,but i walk everyday. Its great to know by just watching my calories and to try to keep everything in the green that i will see results!! Good luck with your journey's everyone
  • SUPERhecticMOM
    SUPERhecticMOM Posts: 61 Member
    :blushing:
    I don't exercise due to an injury. I started my weight loss in August and I have lost 27lbs by only watching calories. Of course I still have my good and bad days, but I try to keep my bad days to 1 or 2 days a week. I keep wanting to go to the gym but seems like everytime I really wanna go my injury acts up and I think I probably shouldn't chance it. Then sometimes I think I should just do it and suck it up. It's a nerve injury in my thigh that I have had for over 2 years. I was told it would get better with weight loss and exercise. Kind of hard to exercise when your thigh is burning. :(

Have you tried a yoga class? I have had issues with my legs/hips/back so when I first started out a lot of gym equipment hurt more then helped. I started going to a beginners yoga class once a week and built a ton of strength in all areas. Although my weight hasn't seemed to budge I have dropped a size & a half since last May without adjusting my eating habits at all (and I have been known to have bad habits :blushing: ) and I haven't been to the chiropractor since.
    I just started MFP this week to see just how terrible my eating habits are and to track my exercise in hopes to start losing lbs (and a few more sizes :happy: )