Gazelle vs. Pro Form Elliptical

Options
Ok, so I found these two on craigslist for reasonable prices, would like to get one for in-home work-out. I have never used a gazelle, but all the reviews say it's great for what it does. I have used an more beefed up electronic elliptical in the gym, and loved the programs. Any advice? :embarassed: Please help!

Replies

• MalibuBeth
    MalibuBeth Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • stephanielindley422
    Options
    If they are both doing the same motion, there is probably not much different. I would suggest looking online at reviews of both then picking wichever you think would be the best fit for you.
  • MalibuBeth
    Options
    I did look at the reviews, and I kind of like the space-saving ability of the gazelle, but i like the more accurate track stats on the pro form

i suppose whatever i decide, it'll be at least one thing i can do at home on a rainy day, or a dark night.
  • stephanielindley422
    Options
    I did look at the reviews, and I kind of like the space-saving ability of the gazelle, but i like the more accurate track stats on the pro form

i suppose whatever i decide, it'll be at least one thing i can do at home on a rainy day, or a dark night.

If you really can't decide, go with the cheaper one. That's what I'd do.
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I just bought a NordicTrack elliptical and I love it! Plus it's a space saver, it can fold up if I need it too....................ellipticals are nice though! :)
  • giggles1973
    giggles1973 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have a gazelle... I love it! Absolutely no strain on your knees. I never had problems with it :) hope this helps :)
  • marinamoreno
    Options
    Anyone know about how many calories you burn with the gazelle?
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i had a gazelle and HATED it, i never nearly got the workout i needed especially in my legs as you get in a reg elliptical. i sold it! I got a pro form elliptical before Christmas and what a huge difference. i get such a better work out. i find with the gazelle it's more swinging your legs up and back and not actually pushing a peddle up and down ( around) like on a elliptical. plus you can increase the intensity which means a better work out in the long run for a longer time frame... ( levels = years of use)
  • MalibuBeth
    Options
    thanks for all the advice!
  • swedishwillow
    swedishwillow Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Gazelle, I can simulate running on it and there is no impact on my knees or my lower lumbar
    PLUS I always burn more calories on the gazelle than I do an elliptical

I find the workout much more advanced and more intense but easier - lol i know that doesnt makes sense
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I say elliptical. I got a nordictrack for christmas and I have never been happier.
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have a gazelle and swear by it. One of my big issues is my knees though.
  • melissainez85
    Options
    i had the gazelle I LOVED IT!!! I LOST 50LBS WORKING OUT it was so easy and i have back problems so it was low impact!!! i miss it LOL
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options

I find the workout much more advanced and more intense but easier - lol i know that doesnt makes sense

It's not as rough on you physically. After a walk out on the pavement I feel a little beat up. I can get a steadier pace on the gazelle and feel like I get a better burn as a result. I'm not having to slow down for traffic, etc.
  • dragonc321
    Options
    I have both a Gazelle and NordicTrac ellipical. I like the space saving ability of the Gazelle, but never feel like I am getting a thorough workout. I would suggest the NordicTrac. You get the great workouts and are able to adjust settings to create a different workout every time. Well worth the money.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Can you change the resistance on a Gazelle? As you get into better and better shape, you're going to want a more strenuous workout. I've never been on a Gazelle, but they seem pretty simple to me. Ellipticals allow you to change resistance and get a more challenging workout.